LegacyGT.com

capital driving club -- anyone here familiar with them?

rallispec

I attend their last event held at Harry Grove Stadium, Frederick MD. This past weekend. Very tight course and the ground will tear up your tires more than say FedEx Field. However, you get about an average of 6 laps and its only 25 bucks for members. Not bad for getting some seat time.

Here is some information on their next event:

Osbourn Park High School, Manassas, VA is the location of our next autocross event, on SATURDAY April 23rd.

Registration and tech inspection will be at 8:00 (new time) and will promptly close at 8:50 to try to accomodate the full field, while still giving 6 runs. *You must be DONE by 8:50. *So if you arrive at 8:00 you won't have a problem. *Don't arrive at the last minute. *If you don't get teched or registered by 8:50, you will lose your morning runs.

We tried the split heat on the last autocross and everyone seemed to like it. *So we will continue the split shift working scheme. *When each heat will grids on the lot, the heat will be split in half. *Half the heat will run while the other half works the course. *The participants will then switch after the 3 runs are completed. *After all participants in the heat have run, the the next heat will grid.

The event fee is $25 for members and $35 for non-members at this event. *So if you plan to attend, e-mail me your name(s), make, model, year and color of your vehicle.

thanks for the info TypeSpeed :)

speaking of the parking lot -- The event i was thinking about attending is at my old high school (osbourn park) -- and unless they've repaved in the past 8 years--- it was really rough and beat up. I'm sure that will do a number on the re-92's as well.

So anyone from VA want to get together on the 28th show of the Legacy? I'd really like to meet up with some people that have done this before so i can go for a ride-along on a lap.

If I dont have to instruct for the BMW club, I will be there as a wait list in the morning.. they are not taking anymore more new members this year. But still isnt bad for $35 for 6 runs.. Ed sure likes to design the course short and small, but it's really the seat time that matters the most. If I get into the event, I can take you guys for a run or two.. or I can ride with Typespeed if he wants an instructor or whatever.

I ran at Harry Grove, and the tires can take a beating, but it's really how you drive that can save you the tire damage on any track, public road, or parking lot. The RE92s are really good for one thing: sound indication of driving abuse. Once the tires start squealing, it's letting you know that they have hit the limit.. and the best thing to do is back off on the steering and partially off the throttle too (but smoothly).

Keefe

Keefe

Awesome, TypeSpeed (and xenonk) , i'll be looking for you both on the 23rd. Hopefully you can make it keefe.

You said that they're no longer taking new memberships? Does that mean that they're all booked up for the year or do you think if i call them up i might be able to get a spot in the May Event?

(haha can you tell i i write up some of my posts in a C++ editor and

then copy and paste it into the reply window.. (gotta make it look like i'm doing work occasionally)

damn -- Email Ed Chan of Capital Driving to get some more info on registering and signing up for events..

Danny,

Only member can reserve spot for our events until we have "open" reservations for all. Open reservations start 8 days before the scheduled event on a first come, first serve basis. Our events are so popular that the events are typically full before the open reservation period takes place.

We are so popular that members are having problems signing up. As a result, we have a freeze on new members.

In the next few weeks we may open up membership again for a limited number. So check back soon (April 24th). Membership is $25 per year. Otherwise, you will have to wait 8 days (May 20th) before the event to reserve a spot.

The non-member rate at Osbourn Park is $35 (member rate is $25).

Hope this answers your questions.

Ed

hopefully i can sneak in and get a membership on the 24th (assuming i like what i see on the 23rd)

hey TypeSpeed --- you ever let people ride along with you? If keefe doesnt get to race -- i'd really like to sit in on at least one lap to see if autocross is really something that i'd enjoy and like to start investing some time and money into.

I always wanted to get into in my old SpecV, never really had the chance to though.

Found this in my inbox this morning

All,

Due the the expected rain and thunderstorms on Saturday April 23rd, we are post-poning the autocross event at Osbourn Park High School. *The new date is SATURDAY April 30th also at Osbourn Park High School, Manassas, VA.

I know that a lot of you may have plans on the new date and may not be able to attend. *Conversely, others could not attend this Saturday but can next week. *In an effort to be fair, I will hold everyone on the current list for the list of participants for April 30th until Monday at 12 Noon.

Please respond to me if you still plan to attend on the new date (April 30th) or if you can not attend.

Monday afternoon, the field will open up for everyone else for the remaining slots.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me.

Ed

Check your dates Rallispec, you are about to confuse me with your weekends.

Keefe

sorry for the confusion ----

yesterday's event (23rd) was rescheduled for next weekend (30th) -- i've got plans for the afternoon (mach V dyno at noon) -- so i dont know how long i'll be able to hang out at the AutoX event.... hopefully a little while at least, becuase i'd really like to watch a few laps and maybe go for a ride along.

the next event is May 28th... i'm hoping they open up spots for new registrations by then becuase i was hoping to be able to participate in that event.

Are you guys still planning on being there next weekend?

Archived