LegacyGT.com

Zeals on Order - Now New ?s

Greg_STL

So, I ordered the V6 Zeals from racecomp engineering. I'm a tad excited...

:woowoo:

Now the questions: I do not have after market sways yet but I'm wondering if I should get adjustable end links since the car will be lowered. Any thoughts?

Also, I've see it posted in here before that any STI front and rear endlinks will work. True or false?

I am STILL running on stock endlinks with new Cusco Vacanza Sways.. they are holding up just fine with the sways and Zeals. I dont think I will need to upgrade the endlinks until they literally snap. When that happens, I will be looking for some solid endlinks like Perrin on Helix instead. There's just something about adjustable endlinks that are defeating the purpose of the sway itself, you might as well just shorten the endlinks as much as possible to get some preload on the sway anyways.

Have fun with your Zeals, I know I am, and I am 15,000+ miles on them and they feel great! Did you get the standard springs or hard springs? I think the hard spring set will eliminate the real need to go with larger sway bars.. when I send my Zeals in for the rebuilds (which is probably another 15,000+ miles to go), I will get custom springs rates at 12kg/10kg and soften up the sways.. I might even go back to stock sways since the springs will be strong enough to handle it. And since I am getting a rebuild, all the internal valves and seals will be built around the 12/10 setup.. so if I have to go with a softer set of springs, the 10/8 hard springs will be considered my "soft set".

Keefe

Keefe

Ok. No new endlinks for now.

I just went with the standard (8/6) springs. I'm trying to make sure I get it installed and settled out before I go to Mid-Ohio in June. I just didn't want to wait for the springs and wind up missing out. This will most likely be my only time on a track this summer. :(

My car will see ocasional track days or autocross but I'm talking 3-5 times a year at most. So, I'm guessing I will be fine with the standard soft springs but it is nice to know I can change out if I really decide I need to. My current thinking is I'll eventually get sways if only so I can adjust front rear bias with an adjustable rear bar.

Uhhh .. I think I overstated. This year I am going to Mid-Ohio for a three day course and I hope to hit a couple autocross events. Last year I did nothing...

I was thinking of only lowering 30-40mm. I think I saw before that you lowered yours down 50mm but I cannot remember. What did you settle on?

it's around 50mm in the rear, and about 45mm up front worth of lowering. I planned out in mind that my GT wasnt going to be a track whore, but enough suspension work to keep me happy as a daily driver and the ability to win in Autocross events (since I like to drive at autocross speeds and I love to have a car that can handle well with that range of speed in mind, hence I didnt do any power mods at all). I havent done that many track events with the GT, possibly just about 3 events (about 1 to 2 days at each event) and run plenty of autox events to get comfortable and dialed-in for all sorts of public road speed driving. Doing over 120 mph in a turn is just uncalled for on the street, but at an 35mph off-ramp from 65mph limit entry speed is what I like to aim for to perfect the car in. How many family cars can you say you have driven that can enter into a cloverleaf-off-ramp at 65 mph without any brakes? :D

Keefe

Keefe

Guest turboman

What's the most negative camber that can be obtained with the stock components? I've read about -1.3 degrees front and -3/4 rear. Need to stay in a stock class for now so lowering and/or camber plates are not allowed.

Has anyone ever sat in the driver's seat while it was aligned? Usually the shop won't allow it for liability reasons (that's a bullshit reason. But that's another whole story).:lol:

I'm wondering how much a 250# driver effects the static alignment.:eek:

What's the most negative camber that can be obtained with the stock components? I've read about -1.3 degrees front and -3/4 rear. Need to stay in a stock class for now so lowering and/or camber plates are not allowed.

Has anyone ever sat in the driver's seat while it was aligned? Usually the shop won't allow it for liability reasons (that's a bullshit reason. But that's another whole story).:lol:

I dialed my fronts in to the max with the stock eccentric bolts. It's not a whole lot, but it helped a bit. The rears are non adustable so....they are what they are...:lol:

I have seen as much as -1.5 front camber and -1.0 for stock. I do alignments with the driver in the car if they want.

It wont be that much of a difference.. maybe -.25 degrees at the most.. static is really nothing as it's the dynamic portion that you have to deal with.. 250 lbs * X amount of lateral G-forces is what overloads the tires.

Keefe

Keefe

Archived