LegacyGT.com

you literally had the wire unplugged? I'm gonna try this and see what happens, but I remember another time I tried it and the car ran like shit then quit. did yours run fine?

Well CEL has been on. So yes its on. LOL. But, the one time I pulled it off. It choked out. Well I drove it to my parkin spot and it backfired once. But it had power. I'm thinkin I need an O2 sensor. And a ignition coil. Car runnin like shit. Its gettin to me. I didn;t want to put in the shop.; But I did. And they didn;t tell me anythin I didn;t know. And it really piss me off. So if anyone know wherre I can get a ignition coil that would help a lot. Therre is none around herre. How shockin? lol. Right.

ya like amp said, if you get on local car forums you can find others who have the scanner who will most likely do it, if not autosource, part source places will scan for free and let you know what you should try replacing.

it will tell you if you need the oxygen sensor, and might say something about misfiring or so if its an ignition coil. DONT waste your money until you know though.

I have an aftermarket maf, but i dont want to unplug it i dont see why your running it without it.

the earlier time when it did stall out, perhaps your car wasnt in full limp mode and was still using it to adjust air/fuel ratios, Was your car running better in general around the time it stalled out? because now that it is not working your car should be running like shit on preprogrammed timing and ratios.

• 5 weeks later...
just an fyi, there was a mass recall in 08 on the mafs, Apparently, they had a problem with the silicon sealing gel used around the sensor base. The silicon can seep onto the sensing element causing it to malfunction. contact your local Subaru dealership to see if the airflow meter on your car has already been replaced or would be covered by this recall (#WWG-90).

Why are you replacing ignition parts? Coil and whatnot?

If it runs better without the MAF (and it runs pretty awful without the MAF...) it means you need a new MAF. They're like $20 at most junk yards and rarely fail. Pick one up and be done.

Archived