LegacyGT.com

DIY Rear Window Spoiler

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I was just thinking... I am bored what can I do to my car... not anymore. Thanks DOC! You cured me from being bored... for now.

By the way if you notice something that changes... like too much down force on the back window and it cracks (...not really thinking this will be a problem...) or it keeps your back window cleaner or increases your gas mileage let us know. (...any kind of pros or cons...)

Thanks.

**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

Damn you made me buy one now. I've been wanting a window spoiler for a while now to.

Now I just need a front lip, and see whats up with the scoop.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

:lol: be sure to post pics when you'e done!

Oh I'll post photos for sure, maybe write up a how to for other people if they want. Already got a tracking number for it :)

How much did you have to cut off? Guess I'll find out once I get it lol

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Considering that the ~$200 Liberal piece looks about the same, this is one cool mod. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

what's the uncut length of the spoiler??

thx

46 1/2"

Got mine today, about to cut it up and install it.

Works for me :)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3376/4626901635_3a8af2882c_o.jpg

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

My dad just picked me up one of these for my car. After deciding I didn't like how it flowed on the trunk, I didn't know what to do with it...

I am going to cut mine up tomorrow, and install it. I will post pictures of the after.

People who have done this: Are you leaving it unpainted?

^ Damn impressive bargain hunting! :D

For those on a budget, the Black & Decker three-speed version of the Dremel is almost just as nice as the real-deal, and you can use the same bits. There's also a very affordable version sold by Harbor Freight.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived