LegacyGT.com

CEL over-ride?

ECU is throwing a purge solenoid code and I am in no way interested in replacing it because I'm assuming it's stuck open.....

Anyway, is there a way to clear the code so the check engine light isn't always on??

Thank you

disconnect didn't work.....

is there a certain configuration that needs to be set up? I have the "green plugs" connected to read the code. When I disconnect the green plug, I get a solid CEL. When they're connected I get three long flashes follwed by five short ones.

there's a green-clipped wire underneath that did it for mine, but I doubt that's a cure-all. mine was unplugged when i got the car, but when I hooked it in I got a misfire code and it was flashing all the time (the monkeys probably didn't hook it up when they did the engine swap), so I just left it unplugged. I did get a CEL the other day about the egr, so it's probably just one or two sensors in that wire that's unplugged.

Just try to figure out what's wrong with the purge valve first and if you can't make it work get a new one.

The CEL will come back until the problem is fixed, and you may want to have it there for other problems.

453747.png

idk if thats putting your car in limp mode but sometimes driving with the cel is bad because it puts your car into pre programmed timing and your mileage will be the first thing to get screwed

then you didn't leave it disconnected long enough

i leave mine disconnected for a few hours

disconnect the battery (both terminals) and put your foot on the brake for 30 seconds. it will drain any residual power. this worked for me a few days ago when checking mine.

when i had a cel it should only take 30 seconds if u disconnect the battery, but if the system redetects it its gonna pop back up

a 60$ odb2 scanner can clear it up for you anytime you want, even while the vehicle is driving :p

^^ obd2 scanner is the best. get that plus PROscan and you're all set. you can pull up codes, get accurate information from all the sensors on the car, run diagnostics, have an on-board "dyno" (haven't had too much luck with it)...it's all there. and it'll clear codes for you; it's definitely worth the investment.

Archived