LegacyGT.com

New here, just test drove..

the Legacy Limited GT Sedan

Hello everyone, my name is Stephen and I currently have a 03 Toyota Matrix where the lease is about to expire in Sept. and I will be in the market soon for a new car - financed this time, lease sucked. Although I love my matrix, however I do need more power and I prefer AWD so the Subary lightbulb automatically came up. The Legacy is one of the cars on my list and I got the chance to test drive one today and all I gotta say is - WOW :eek: . Acceleration and ride quality was superb and it just didnt feel right going back to my car afterwards. I'll be going back next week again for another drive with the gf. I was just wondering if you guys had any minor problems with the car in terms of squeeking, wind noise, or any little thing that can become bothersome?

Thank you for your help in advance

Cheers,

Stephen

Hey,

No problems so far - just hard to keep from accelerating hard every chance I get!

Seriously, my Legacy GT Wagon is the most entertaining family car I have owned - only 1,600 miles on mine but no issues whatsoever to date. I really don;t think you could find a more entertaining, capable, relaible, all-road, all-weather, AWD car for the price - period.

Best of luck to you.

David

overall great car-and great value- navigate through this site in different sectionsn to see what people gripe about.

in a nutshell (to me) many of the gripes tie in to accesories-navigation,I-pod hookup-climate control, and other non performance issues outside of the people faithful to their flavor of transmissions and performance mod priorities

this car (company) has some of the best customer satisfaction and maintenence accolades, high owner loyalty, decent resale and anyone with a rainbow sticker will wave to you as long as you are ok with that.

get one

This is not my beautiful car.

Right now, I've got a really bad rattle/thunking noise coming from the dash, but this is fixable and only happens intermittently when its cold. Also, the trim piece around the center console was squeeking like crazy, but that got taken care of during my last service.

Other than those two things, I'm really, really happy with my LGT. When I think about it...I smile. :D

Things that frequently come up on the board are the tires (poor inclement weather performance) and stinky clutch, both of which get heavy debate. I don't have a problem with the tires, and usually the stinky clutch is my fault, like starting on an uphill and riding the clutch. However, I do get the occasional whiff when going in reverse on a slight incline.

I've been getting 18mpg in constant stop-and-go traffic, taking short trips and letting the car warm up for two minutes before leaving the driveway.

There are also more rattles in the interior than I would have expected for a sedan (one I can't locate, and one sometimes from the mirror), but coming from a Trans Am, the rattles are something I'm pretty used to. The Legacy rides on low profile 17" rims and tires, so its not as smooth a ride as it could be, IMO.

But to me its a 4-door sports car, and I wouldn't trade it for anything else in the $30,000 range right now. Love it to death!

I think your biggest problem will be making sure your girlfriend doesn't spill her dr. pepper all over herself when your'e blowing acuras away!

my clutch stink went away around 5000 miles.

no other problems.

I've been getting 18mpg in constant stop-and-go traffic, taking short trips and letting the car warm up for two minutes before leaving the driveway.

There are also more rattles in the interior than I would have expected for a sedan (one I can't locate, and one sometimes from the mirror), but coming from a Trans Am, the rattles are something I'm pretty used to. The Legacy rides on low profile 17" rims and tires, so its not as smooth a ride as it could be, IMO.

But to me its a 4-door sports car, and I wouldn't trade it for anything else in the $30,000 range right now. Love it to death!

I now have 4,000 miles on my LGT 5MT and have had absolutely no problem with rattles. This car is driven daily on the city streets of Richmond, VA, which are basically third world in terms of pot-holes and surfacing.

I currently average 24-26 in approx. 60/40 hwy/city driving. That is with conservative use of the throttle. If you spend a lot of time in boost, your mpg will drop dramatically. "Pay to play" as others have said.

My LGT is squeak/rattle free at this time, 2700 miles. Noise is also well controlled, I would image a LOT quieter than your Matrix. No clutch stick on mine either. The only issue I had was that the steering wheel was slightly off center, dealer fixed without a problem (wasn't an alignment issue, just the steering wheel needed to be corrected).

The biggest issue you'll have is trying to keep it under 4K rpm for the first 1000 miles, harder than I thought it would be, the engine revs smoothly and quickly.

Archived