LegacyGT.com

Volvo Anti-Crash systems works great unless it doesn't

rao

:lol: I've heard bad things about Volvos
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

That technology is pretty cool though. Study of locusts was used in the development of the technology (as an indirect application of the study, not a direct study for this purpose)

That technology is pretty cool though. Study of locusts was used in the development of the technology (as an indirect application of the study, not a direct study for this purpose)

Invalid, all the locusts were fattened up on HFCS.

• 4 months later...

Volvo has been at it again!

http://jalopnik.com/5648126/volvo-pedestrian-avoidance-crash-test-fails-spectacularly?skyline=true&s=i

Not only that, but the original system that was brought up in this original post called "City Safety" is in production. Out of curiosity I just wandered over to the Volvo website and noticed that even Volvo acknowledges their "City Safety" failure.

When you roll the mouse over the XC60 link on the Volvo homepage a box opens up that says "Every Volvo XC60 comes with City Safety. But it doesn't stop there."

Man, they got that right! :lol:

Actually here in the states there is a group of people called MADD.

It stands for Mothers Against Drunk Driving.

You may already know of them but I'll give you the rundown on their organization. Keep in mind I don't condone drunk driving, nor do I partake in illegal drunk driving activities. I can't stand people who do.

Anyway, MADD is a group of extremist hags who think that the death penalty should be imposed on people convicted of drunk driving. Most people who are members of MADD are also (Probably) members of PETA and the feminist movement.

Every once in a while they lobby to have breathalyzers installed in all new vehicles sold in the states. Here in the states such an action would be against the law because it is effectively a violation of your rights. In this country the government needs probable cause to administer such a test and even with probable cause you have the right to refuse. If you do refuse to take the test, your license is automatically suspended, but you still have that right if you don't want to take the test. Here in this country you are considered innocent until proven guilty. Putting mandatory breathalyzers in vehicles is like assuming your guilty before you get a chance to prove yourself innocent. If MADD had their way, drivers would have to pass the breathalyzer test before they could start their cars... Every time they wanted to go somewhere. They would also be subjected to random breathalyzer tests during the course of driving. Effectively, whenever the machine beeped you would have to blow into the car for a breathalyzer test. This insanity is their idea of a safety feature.

If it ever comes to pass, I bet Volvo would be the first one to implement it on their new cars. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have that on tap for the 2012 model year already. :lol:

Archived