LegacyGT.com

Window Tint %

iyamdman

Thanks guys. The imput was appriciated and helpfull. Mattm brought up an issue. How much do you loose with seeing at night?

The limo tint on the back window can be somewhat of a pain when trying to back up in a poorly illuminated area. I really need to install brighter backup lights...

I'd imagine those members with a lighter film probably do OK.

Gents I got my it done tonight #35% on the 4 side windows and back tonoigt. I love i! Wondering about seeing out at night-- no problem. As far as the dark issue I think 35% is just right for my taste. Thanks again. Franklin

Well, I went with the 15%.

I thought the 35% was way too light.

In Cali, you can have tinting: "if the driver or a passenger in the front seat has in his or her possession a letter or other document signed by a licensed physician and surgeon certifying that the person must be shaded from the sun due to a medical condition, or has in his or her possession a letter or other document signed by a licensed optometrist certifying that the person must be shaded from the sun due to a visual condition. "

Well, I am getting my optometrist to write me the perscription.

Can't hurt.

The worst they can make me do, it take of the front, sign it off, and I put 35% on it.

God, it will look so cool!!!!! Silver and black - the way to go!!

Well, I went with the 15%.

I thought the 35% was way too light.

I hope you know what you are getting, because 15% is very dark. While most cops will not bother with tint, having 15% on the front windows will draw the ire of those that will enforce the tint laws, while 35% will usually not. Just as an FYI, I've got 35% all the way around and I think it's just right:

http://usera.imagecave.com/pisadong/109-0933_IMG.JPG

nice pic. good stance.

for me i picked 35 because it's the lowest you can go in MD. i don't feel like being hassled for it and while 20 is nice at 1pm on a sunny sunday afternoon, 20 at night is really dark. well i wear glasses also so that doesn't help. also factor in the dark interior... which is why 35 sometimes looks like 20 in the right conditions.

it's personal preference. i know that if you were in florida or texas or something you would probably laugh at 35 because of all the sun.

hmm .. depends here on who you end up with. I've heard of some officers keying or "accidentially" brushing up against the window and putting a big scratch in the tint so now you you HAVE to replace it. But those are the times where the driver was being an ass or just mouthing off.

The thing is .. most people don't care. Look at SUVs. The back windows are almost or if not limo black. What's the difference now except you can hide a lot more people in the back of a SUV than in a car.

hmm .. depends here on who you end up with. I've heard of some officers keying or "accidentially" brushing up against the window and putting a big scratch in the tint so now you you HAVE to replace it. But those are the times where the driver was being an ass or just mouthing off.

The thing is .. most people don't care. Look at SUVs. The back windows are almost or if not limo black. What's the difference now except you can hide a lot more people in the back of a SUV than in a car.

In CA rear window tint is free. You can paint it black if you want. The reason why there want no tint on the front windows is so that an officer can at least see what the driver is doing. No one wants to die while making a traffic stop.

• 4 weeks later...

i put 55% front/moonroof, and 35% rear and wish i went for 20% on my black 05. in southern cal where's it's mostly sunny all the time, the 35% doesn't look dark enough during the day.

that said, at night, the 35% is fine...20% may make night driving a bit more hairy.

john

Archived