LegacyGT.com

Where can I find this knob?

The knob on this shifter is great looking. Anyone know a part number for it or how I can get my hands on one?

http://www.321auto.com/images/Essais/SUBARU/LEGACY/30_R/600/03.jpg

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Since when did the knob care how many gears are on the stick? :D Most of the aftermarket knobs I see don't even have a shift patern on it. The only thing that concerns me is that ring on the bottom. It almost looks like the kind that you have to pull up so you can shift into reverse when its left of the first gear position... I don't know if that is part of the knob or the shifter.

OCDETAILS BLOG

The only thing that concerns me is that ring on the bottom. It almost looks like the kind that you have to pull up so you can shift into reverse when its left of the first gear position... I don't know if that is part of the knob or the shifter.

That is when the knob cares how many gears there are.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I know a place to get a bunch of those! They come on the US 05 WRX STi, anyone who swaps them out regularly should have a pile of them.

Jarrad

If it will fit on the LGT/OBXT, I'd be in for one.

Not to mention it's hollow underneath where the reverse lockout sleeve would slide up into. I'm pretty sure it won't bolt up due to the mounting differences (threaded sleeve, etc.)

It looks exactly like the '05 STI shift knob; if you really want one I don't think you need to order it from overseas.

That is probably true. I didn't know it was the same as the 05 STI knob. I'll have to go over to a dealership and take a look at it. I like the way it looks, but I need a more comfy knob. I've got issues with my right hand and the stock LGT knob isn't working out very well.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Not to mention it's hollow underneath where the reverse lockout sleeve would slide up into. I'm pretty sure it won't bolt up due to the mounting differences (threaded sleeve, etc.)

It looks exactly like the '05 STI shift knob; if you really want one I don't think you need to order it from overseas.

A 6spd knob with the lockout sleeve will screw in just fine into a 5spd shaft. I have the 6spd jdm ti knob in my 5spd OB. Pics are posted in the Solberg knob group buy thread. It's true you lose the plastic collar that holds up the leather boot but i read here that you can use a plastic soda cap mod to hold the boot up if you want.

Archived