LegacyGT.com

Bought my outback in Feb 05. (problems)

Ok well I have the wind noise that requires the windsheild to be removed and reset. I also had a vibrating noise when the car was underload (5 and pulling from 40). This was found to be the break lines running along the firewall. They had to be secured and a ruber seal put arround them.

My windshield leaks pretty bad into the drivers foot well. This should be fixed when the window is replaced.

The sunroof liner keeps going back on heavy accelaration.

Passanger side door speaker is now developing an anoying reverd.

Ok well I have the wind noise that requires the windsheild to be removed and reset. I also had a vibrating noise when the car was underload (5 and pulling from 40). This was found to be the break lines running along the firewall. They had to be secured and a ruber seal put arround them.

My windshield leaks pretty bad into the drivers foot well. This should be fixed when the window is replaced.

The sunroof liner keeps going back on heavy accelaration.

Passanger side door speaker is now developing an anoying reverd.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your new OB. The sunroof liner sliding back during heavy acceleration is a common item. Do a search and there are a few posts with people providing their own "fix".

As for the other items, just keep on your dealer so you can get them all resolved. At least they all appear to be cosmetic in nature (not that that makes you feel any better).

Good Luck! :)

as for the sunroof...mine does that as well. I think it is kinda funny. Not sure i want them to fix it, once they get into that stuff, then things start to go wrong. I can handle it when the liner slides back a bit when i punch it....

Keep us informed as to what they say about the other stuff....I also got my outback in Feb, but have had NO issues what so ever....except for the dealer backing it into another car during my first service, haha. But they fixed it and it looks like new.

The vehicle's sunroof is a tricky place to be working for a technician who's living is made cramming 65 hours into a 40 hour payday. I had a minor sunroof issue with our Audi years ago and that service event, plague's the car to this day. Read, rattles!

What I'm suggesting, if I may....is some work around to the sliding shade on your own.

Remember the match book in the 8-track, just kidding......... What's a 8-track?? I can hear it now...

Cheers,

Mike

Cheers, Mike

|`94 E-Class Coupe |`98 Carrera 993 C2S |`14 Cayman S |`20 Outback Touring XT | All Debadged |

Ouch...on the water front. What's the proposed resolution? And can you dog the proceedjure at the dealer level. Service manager, HELLO!

All the best..

Cheers,

Mike

Cheers, Mike

|`94 E-Class Coupe |`98 Carrera 993 C2S |`14 Cayman S |`20 Outback Touring XT | All Debadged |

I dont think having a window leaking water is cosmetic :) lol my carpet had rust all over it. My firewall has a spot bare of clear coat.

Wow...rust on the carpet, now that is bad. Did you get the carpet replaced as well? How long had it been leaking? You might also want to contact SOA regarding that. Rust = bad :(

I have had my base Atlantic Blue OBW close to a year having bought the first one in Atlantic Canada (Nova Scotia) last year. It has been largely trouble free.

I am bringing it in this Friday for an oil change plus having the dealer look at an unusual tire wear problem on the outside front tire (right side only) which I suspect is an alignment issue. I am also experiencing creaking and groaning sounds in the suspension over large, undulating bumps which I am guessing are either bushings or loose suspension components.

On another note, gas mileage dropped like a rock during the cold winter months but is improving again with the warmer weather.

Ron

they can look while the window is out today.

Wheels:

Take some pictures if you can. It would be helpful to others on the forum if you are documenting something that may impact more than 1 car (yours).

I have noticed with other cars that if one person is having trouble there are always others. Could have been a mistake on the assembly line, or a bad batch of windshields, etc.

Let me know if the wind noise goes away after they re-seal the windshield. I have been holding up bringing mine back for the same problem but it is really annoying to hear the noise at speeds as low as 25 mph.

Let me know if the wind noise goes away after they re-seal the windshield. I have been holding up bringing mine back for the same problem but it is really annoying to hear the noise at speeds as low as 25 mph.

Can you folks post the last 5 digits of your VIN? It may be that these cars were close in production.

Ok so I took it back all they did was seal the hole in the window. They did not take it out but I am still stuck with the same sound. So now they want to order a new door mirror. :( I am more and more pissed off as the weeks go by. This will be the 4th visit and day without my car.

Ok so I took it back all they did was seal the hole in the window. They did not take it out but I am still stuck with the same sound. So now they want to order a new door mirror. :( I am more and more pissed off as the weeks go by. This will be the 4th visit and day without my car.

Take it to a different dealer and see if they state the same thing (as in what the problem might be). Just because one dealer sucks, doesn't mean they all do. Door mirror causing sound issues with the sunroof open, sounds like crap to me. Try folding the mirror back and drive around and see if there is a difference.

I can understand not replacing the windshield if there was just a leak. Why replace a perfectly good windshield if just the seal was bad/incorrectly installed.

-S

I went through this with my 2003 4Runner. It had a host of rattles all over the place and some never did get fixed. In my case I just brought the truck back over and over again until the issues were dealt with. It is a pain in the ass, but you need to document how many times the dealer has attempted to fix the same issue. In the event that you want them to give you a different car or buy yours back, you will need all the documentation you can muster.

With the 4Runner they eventually gave me another truck since the one I had originally bought had some issues and less than 1000 miles on it. The way I see it, $30k plus means you deserve a certain level of satisfaction.

Keep us posted.

Archived