LegacyGT.com

Interesting Clock Relocation

axis008

any updates on this thing? someone here needs to make one! theres gotta be someone on the forum with mad enough skillz to cut these things up, I'd pay for it.. this thing is in the way of a carputer project big time.. and I dont wanna drop it from the car..
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Not too sure if it is compatable, but I am sure it will be too expensive of an option.

Would you be willing to pay for a new AC unit that would likely cost close to $1,000, plus cost of shipping from Japan.

I wouldn't

You do not need a new AC. My guess is you'll just have to wire the mixer doors together..

yea, after tlansration of that japanese page, it says the kit includes an ext. harness. I would ask if such a thing would work.. but we already know with the usdm airbag integration.. it wont, hafat custom do it, and thats gotta be a pain, how many wires run to something like that?
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

• 4 weeks later...

for those of you still interested, I recently spoke to a friend of mine that is stationed on a USAF base in japan about obtaining this item. He said he has a contact there that might be able to get us an answer, and I figured I would post on here to see how much interest there is in this product? I figure the more support we have for it the more likley there will be a way to get them over here.

I cannot guarantee you anything, I just want to let you know, cos I really feel like a heel for even saying anything, like I might be taking advantage of a friend, but hes a subaru owner himself and doesn't mind at least helping me out with it, but if we can make a contact somehow so that these guys can setup even an online store so that we can buy them directly from the makers of this kit that would be great I think.

I just want to see how much interest there is in this product and then I guess we can try to go from there..

mind you, since their center does not have the airbag, expect the harness to be different, as such, be prepared to manually extend the harness to the length it needs to be heh, if you've got a heat gun and some solder and shrink wrap, this should not be a big problem, I'm just saying I could almost lay money down that their wire harness part of the kit will not carry over.

Someone posted a link to another one that I think is made by SoJ... It recesses the display back a bit and it is angled differently so it can be seen better...

I'd personally be interested in that one...

true, but I imagine it will, just from looking at pics and such the info center looks like its the same size, we just have different crap on ours, sometimes I wonder why something is good enough for japan or europe or australia but not good enough for america...

From reading on the avo site, this peice is described as a bracket, meaning unless hes just not putting much energy into the description, that you still have to extend your own wires, but I'v been prepared to do that from the start.

I'm just grateful that its avalible, I am tempted to order it, but I am still chewing on the possibility of aux input, theres several methods, but I want to do this right, and the cleanest possible.. theres so much out there it seems nothing is an under $1000 solution

Archived