LegacyGT.com

6MT Fluid Change - Oil pan side drain plug

Mr. Sinister

It was Extra-S. It's not synthetic, but it's not readily available either. I'm not sure which criteria holds more weight so I'll have to wait and see if it was good enough.

Errrr...Extra-S is available at every Subaru dealer in my area. It is what goes into all 6MT trannys. I was using it in my 5MT as well as my 6MT.

Errrr...Extra-S is available at every Subaru dealer in my area. It is what goes into all 6MT trannys. I was using it in my 5MT as well as my 6MT.

Lucky you. I called 3/4 dealers in my area and only one knew what the hell I was talking about. I ended up buying 5 quarts from FBP.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I was reading up in the other thread and I just wanted to make sure before I ordered anything but the Extra-S can be used in the transmission AND the rear diff? And that means I'll need to order ~6 quarts of the stuff (4.3 for the transmission and around a quart for the rear diff), correct?

Actually the Subaru LSD stuff is not needed because the rear LSD on the spec B is a sealed unit, the extra-s will be fine. Only the 04-06 STI rear LSD requires the special Subaru LSD fluid. More info is available in the Extra-S cat's meow thread.

Archived