LegacyGT.com

Rocks attracted to my car??

Do any of you guys have problems with stone chips? I have had my LGT for 2 months and I already have one stone chip in the windshield. I have also heard rocks hit the windshield 4 separate times while driving this car. I dont' drive in any areas that I didnt' with my old car and it seems like the design of this car causes more rocks to hit the windshield. Am I alone????

Do any of you guys have problems with stone chips? I have had my LGT for 2 months and I already have one stone chip in the windshield. I have also heard rocks hit the windshield 4 separate times while driving this car. I dont' drive in any areas that I didnt' with my old car and it seems like the design of this car causes more rocks to hit the windshield. Am I alone????

Yeah, my windshield got a very small chip/bullseye a month after getting it. I am also getting quite a few nicks from rocks on the windshield. I have no doubt I'll be replacing this windshield in a couple of years just so I can see when I'm driving into the sun. BTW, I don't think this is specific to Subaru, as all my recent cars have had this problem.

Oh yeah,, I don't tailgate either.

Brian

I have a chip in the windshield and paint chips/scratches galore in 8K miles. I thought the paint was more durable than the paint on my WRX but perhaps not.

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

my theory is.. You have a sporty car.. you drive more agressive.. and that means you are in the left lane on the highway riding peoples asses so they will speed up or get out of the way. thus in the line of fire for more gravel..

Thats my problem too ;)

-Tronix(chip)GT

for more pics and info... http://angevine.org/legacy/legacy.html

some kind of clear bra would certinaly be helpful on the front bumper, but 90% of the chips I'm getting on my hood are from above the line where the clear bra would even protect me there. That is where the problem seems to be the worse. They use a flex agent in front bumper paint that helps it resist chipping, but our hoods are vulnerable.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived