LegacyGT.com

Misfire in engine

hey dante i got that same thing 3 night ago, reset my code and ive been running fine since

(the light should come back on when it misfires again?)

I didnt feel any loss of power though so i think it was a one time thing,

my cars going in for a tuneup and inspection tomorrow but

baddog is right,

if you have stock wires still probably change that out and your spark plugs.

running some injector cleaner may help the problem but will not clean as well as pulling them.

my engine light happened after a fuel filter and octane change from 91 > 87 10km after?

have you tried resetting your code? and seeing if it does it again?

my car is running fine like i said but it still scared me to the point of getting help paying for a tuneup as my birthday present

im getting ngk put in my car today! ill let you know how it helps.

I got a code scanner and theres a reset button, my light hasnt come back on but my car feels good.but sounds like you feel yours missing I took my car in because the plugs look hard to get at

im getting ngk put in my car today! ill let you know how it helps.

I got a code scanner and theres a reset button, my light hasnt come back on but my car feels good.but sounds like you feel yours missing I took my car in because the plugs look hard to get at

I changed my plugs the other day, it's actually pretty easy if you remove the battery and the airbox. It's cake after that. I had the same misfire problem on all 4 with no noticeable stumbling. Tried everything from luggin up steep long hills, WOT in 5th gear to running through the gears onto on ramps and runs perfectly fine, so I'm in no rush to fix it. Now that the plugs are changed, I'll check the wires and injectors. But just wanted to give you a hint on the plugs and save yourself some money next time :)

Ok. Will this is what I did. I ran 1/2 cup of Seafoam in vaccum hose. Then the rest in gas tank. To clean injectors. Then before I change my oil I will put 1 pint inand run it for a day or so. And then change the oil. I looked at the plugs alil oil was on them. Is therre suppose to be oil on them? I was told to change the MAF sensor. Do you know how much that cost? $260. And that probably not the problem. I'm pretty much runnin str8 pipe. So my O2 sensor isn't readin it right. But I wonder if it the coil.

How old are the plugs? I would also pull the injectors and see how dirty those are. If you see any amount of dirt or deposits on them, then replace them all. They are probably one of the easiest things to pull and check so might as well. Last I checked they were $59 a pop for remanufactured ones at autozone. Check your plug wires as well and make sure they are flowing the right amount of current. If the wires and injectors are good, and you replace the plugs, then start checkin out the MAF and other sensors. Eliminate the most immediate causes before considering other ones. :)

injectors for 59$ god damn! :)

Your probably right redleg

if i hadnt been so freaked out at my first engine light i probably would of tried changing the plugs myself and my car seems to have an electrical gremlin so i thought the wires may help.

but injectors may be my problem as the mechanic kinda said afterwards and maybe alternator

injectors for 59$ god damn! :)

Your probably right redleg

if i hadnt been so freaked out at my first engine light i probably would of tried changing the plugs myself and my car seems to have an electrical gremlin so i thought the wires may help.

but injectors may be my problem as the mechanic kinda said afterwards and maybe alternator

Ha, think of it this way. $59 for each injector is better than 260 for one damn MAF sensor. Those things always cost an assload. My car has been throwing misfire codes the past month, I've replaced the plugs and the wires and yet I feel abosultely no loss in power so Im almost positive its a crank sensor or something along those lines so I'm really not in any rush to fix it, if at all. There are a lot of things that can throw a misfire but an alternator? Did your mechanic recommend this because if he did I would call bs on that one. Not 100% sure if thats false but the alternator has nothing to do with ignition unless somehow its creating resistance or surges in the electrical system but that would seem unlikely. I mean I could be wrong but that just doesnt sound right. Can you feel your misfire at all?

Ha, think of it this way. $59 for each injector is better than 260 for one damn MAF sensor. Those things always cost an assload. My car has been throwing misfire codes the past month, I've replaced the plugs and the wires and yet I feel abosultely no loss in power so Im almost positive its a crank sensor or something along those lines so I'm really not in any rush to fix it, if at all. There are a lot of things that can throw a misfire but an alternator? Did your mechanic recommend this because if he did I would call bs on that one. Not 100% sure if thats false but the alternator has nothing to do with ignition unless somehow its creating resistance or surges in the electrical system but that would seem unlikely. I mean I could be wrong but that just doesnt sound right. Can you feel your misfire at all?

no my alternator is with my electrical issue and not engine at all. my engines running like a top i hit 100mph on the highway yesterday.

It was after i switched from premium to 87 octane and after i changed my fuel filter so that may have caused it to misfire

could of been bad gas

but i wont know and dont think it will come back because even as the light blinked on i didnt feel any misfire

Yeah, I don't think its the alternator. I think I need to replace me ground wires. And run sum extra one. I heard that could be the problem too.

And I think I need to check out the injectors. If I ever get time to myself. lol.

Yeah the MAF is the last thing I'm goin to replace. Wherre is the crank sensor located?

Yeah, I don't think its the alternator. I think I need to replace me ground wires. And run sum extra one. I heard that could be the problem too.

And I think I need to check out the injectors. If I ever get time to myself. lol.

Yeah the MAF is the last thing I'm goin to replace. Wherre is the crank sensor located?

Not sure where the crank sensor is located but that would be one of those things that you put on the bottom of the list ya know. But they can cause it because they basically read the timing of the crankshaft and if one part of the crank is out of sync (within certain parameters) with the firing order, then it could throw a misfire code. I have a datapro account so I can check to see where it's located, but that wont be till later tonight. I would call autozone or someplace like that and see if they can test the resistance of spark plug wires. The injectors shouldnt take you 30 minutes to check, so take a look at those as soon as you can to make sure. Hell you, can even do it at the autozone and have them look at it, wouldn't take you 10 minutes to pull em. Let me know how it goes!!

Archived