LegacyGT.com

Cobb or Street Tune?

I'm buying my first Soobie in two weeks. I'm pumped. This thing is sweet. 2005 Legacy GT Limited in Regal Blue, MT, Cobb APv1, Cobb UP/catted DP, short throw shifter, custom wheels, lowered a couple inches, new springs. Its been babied. Anyways, I'm putting in a K&N drop in air filter and a Borla cat back exhaust right away. Its been running on the Stage 2 - 91 octane map for years. Do you guys recommend I download the Stage 2 - 93 octange map from Cobb or is it worth the money for a street tune? Ballpark price? Recommended tuners in Chicago (if applicable)?

Also, is the Borla a good idea (too late to change now but appreciate feedback)? Can I expect improved hp?

I'll post some pics after I detail it.

Your AP should already have the Stage 2 -93 octane map. It's preloaded if I'm not mistaken. Otherwise, download it. I've been running on it for a couple of yours now with no problems. If you have the $, a custom tune is always a better way to go. Search for infamous1. I think he tunes AP, as well as, open ecu???

To run stage 2 with no issues, you'll want an aftermarket intercooler. The end caps will blow off of the stock one eventually.

Borla has always been a reputable company. Better than stock IMO.

Nice color choice! Have fun with it.

I wouldn't count on the owner claiming it was "babied" with those kinds of parts on it. Definitely have compression and leak-down tests done pre-purchase. I know way too many people that got burned by buying used turbo Subaru's with blown motors. If nothing else, have the owner start the engine and let it idle for 10 minutes, then jab the gas a few times. If it pukes smoke, walk away. The CBE will add a few hp, but nothing you'll feel from the driver seat, just the sensation you're going faster from the additional noise. ;)

Archived