LegacyGT.com

I split my case today

Well you're going to have to buy some things just to get it put back together. Some stuff just isn't worth reusing, like bearings, gaskets, the timing belt, ect..... You don't want to put it back together and have an oil leak, or a blown head gasket, or something else break in 50 miles because he didn't want to replace it the first time.

yeah but the thing is, i put a timing belt on it when i did the heads (2k miles ago) then i developed this rod knock. The whole block is at the shop right now getting checked, they should let me know my dad knows them very well. My dad has been a mechanic since he was 18 and hes 50 now. He is used to working on v8s, my engine barely could fit on his huge ass engine stand. My heads were shaved and got a valve job done too so everything is pretty much good to go unless they say something from the shop. The heads are perfect still and we are gonna replace the head gaskets just to make sure. All bearings and seals will be replaced.

yea like he said just dont go cheap on putting it back together assembly lube for like bearings and things , new gaskets, sometimes new head bolts

just make sure you do it right

but if your dads been wrenchin for that many years your probally gunna be in good standings

good luck

Archived