LegacyGT.com

LCA Bushing Install Help

Crossing509

Can anyone recommend a shop in the Rochester (NY) region that is familiar with installing SuperPro offset LCA bushings? I went to my local dealer today and they weren't comfortable with the install (although they did install the Whiteline ROCK kit for me after I failed at trying to do it myself last night :mad:). I'm hoping I can find a local shop, within a few hours east or west, that is very familiar with the process. Thanks in advance!
...Support your LGT community...

Wow, why are there so many people in Rochester, NY after i've left? Which dealer did you go to?

I actually brought mine to the pepboys in henrietta by the walmart and they did it for me, but I took the arms off the car myself and had them just press them in. $100 after tax.

Make sure the holes point towards the center when you tell them what to do... it'd be bad to press them in the wrong way.

I went to Vanbortal. They're a great shop - definitely no complaints here. They just weren't comfortable doing the bushings. I respect that. I'm not too sure I trust Pepboys to get within 10 feet of my car :). I had a hard enough time leaving it at Vanbortal.

I've heard a few things about STM on W. Henrietta and I'm considering them for my pulley install but I haven't used their services yet.

...Support your LGT community...

• 6 months later...

Mine are torn. Planning to replace with the whiteline caster kit + fronts + steering rack bushings.

But how to get the suckers off without a press or the special subaru tool ? Yes I did search forums and read the whiteline and Fred beans instructions....

Can it be done with a hack saw from the inside of a gutted bushing?

Man I wish AZP was in north CA.

Thanks for any help.

Archived