LegacyGT.com

Tweeter Buzz?

While listening to Bob & Tom on the way into work this morning, my passenger side tweeter developed a buzzing sound. At first I thought it was the dash buzzing, but once I got to work I determined it was the tweeter. Anyone else have this issue? Car is going in on Monday.....

John

try some other music, from an original CD is best. Tweeters produce such high frequency sound that noise from FM brodcasts you wouldn't normally hear are amplified. A CD won't have that noise. Also, different days radio boradcasts are different. Some days there might be more noise in the broadcast than others. A flock of birds on the tower are enough to throw it off for a while.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

try some other music, from an original CD is best. Tweeters produce such high frequency sound that noise from FM brodcasts you wouldn't normally hear are amplified. A CD won't have that noise. Also, different days radio boradcasts are different. Some days there might be more noise in the broadcast than others. A flock of birds on the tower are enough to throw it off for a while.

I hate to say this, but I didn't look into the problem enough before I determined it was a faulty tweeter. Bob&Tom must have had some tech issues today - during lunch the high pitched buzzing was not present. I didn't check any other stations, nor CD's in the morning. My own fault for not looking into it.

My excuse is that it was 6:30 in the morning, and I did get woken up at 3 am by the sound of gunfire. So I wasn't operating on a full night's sleep.

John

Archived