LegacyGT.com

Clutch pedal adjusting.

BRP800

My '05 Limited GT wagon I have to push the clutch as hard as I can into the firewall to shift easily into reverse. Yes, I do the 3rd then rev technique in cases. I can't even use a floor matt because the clutch pedal can't go far enough. Only 22,000 miles on car.

Would it work if I put 3mm washers under the mounting base into the firewall? This would bring the pedal assembly far enough out to fully engage It should work. Assuming there are not vertical bolts also.

Please advise your opinion. Thanks.

Amazing that no one had the answer. Even the "expert, certified Subaru Technicians", or in the "Pay for Assistance website."

If you'll check the Subaru '05, Transmission Service Manual (book 6) on page CL-23, drawing no. 00042. there's a push rod and adjusting nut inside the firewall.

Thanks for the assistance.

I HAVEN'T seen a hydaulic clutch pedal that couldn't be adjusted lol. :) If it is anything like other makes/models there should be a locknut on the M/C shaft and you can twist the shaft itself to draw it in or out relative to the M/C. But I agree that you shouldn't have to adjust for normal clutch operation. Check the hydraulic system for leaks.

Edit: Got beat to it.

• 8 years later...

Just made this adjustment on my 06 Leggy

Back off the 12mm locking nut on the threaded rod, a stubby wrench is needed to get in on it.

Then twirled the rod by finger power so as to be backing it away from the clevis pin, the nut riding along with the rod. Then spin the nut back down to tighten it.

Now the clutch engagement point for the pedal is an inch or so closer to the floor where we like it better than being so high up near the end of travel.

Testing all the things work fine, pedal needs to be fully depressed to start car, cruising gets cut when clutch pedal is touched, etc..

• 1 month later...

Archived