LegacyGT.com

What are my chances of turbo failure or serious issues?

Hi everyone I'm new to the site and I just had a quick question.

So I've been running mobil 1 in my 08' LGT and i let the oil change go for about 6,000 miles so far. I've had a slight issue with rattling when I first start the engine at a cold start so I brought it to subaru. They told me I was a quart low in oil and I got a mini lecture about how even though I'm running synthetic, I shouldn't go over 4,000 miles before a change. So I added the missing quart and I plan on doing the oil change myself as soon as I go home the first week in april for spring break.

My question is will driving it up until then cause problems with my turbo whether it be build up or complete failure of the turbo? My school is about 2 1/2 hours away in upstate new york from where I live and I just want to make sure that ride won't hurt the engine.

Thanks everyone!

You should be okay with the oil topped off but no one can tell you for certain.

There isn't much money to be saved on a DIY oil change and it is very cheap compared to replacing a turbo or shortblock. Why not do it now and then use your time to check the banjo filters when you get home?

yea you're def right about that. Well I have no tools here to do it myself and at the moment I don't have the money to drop on a synthetic oil change. Although if I'm going to be changing it every 3,500 after this I might as well just use regular oil. I probably should just do the change to clear my conscience.

Thanks for the quick feedback underdog

Archived