LegacyGT.com

Audio options...

BravoZero

For what it's worth, I also ran my stock unit to an Audio Control unit, but it was the LCQ-1 which is basically the LC-7 with an integrated EQ. I was less than impressed and returned it after 2 weeks of trying to like it. Ultimately I decided that I'm gonna do the cubby single DIN install with a unit that I know to be far better than the stock HU in our car.

You may have different experiences with the Clean Sweep or another unit but it comes down to the origination of the sound, which is the stock HU, which is less than what we are looking for. So it makes more sense to me to just go ahead and replace everything. I just wish it didn't mean having a dummy radio just sitting there looking goofy and not working...

My brother, BMXBYKR (on this forum) has the same car, lmt 5spd wgn, and recently did the JDM HVAC/ double din install. Looks very clean. I found him an older Pioneer AVIC nav unit. He's installing the Alpine PDX5 with the Alpine 10" sub that I had and powering his already installed Memphis components in the doors. That will be by far the best sounding option- completely replacing everything.

Archived