LegacyGT.com

A1 Grand Prix

Colonel Angus

supposedly will rival F1. first race, assuming they can get drivers to fill the seats, will be in sept. 25 drivers, 1 driver/team, no electronic devices assisting the driver. all teams get the same gar - V8 520hp, SMG boxes. teams are allowed to tweak the general setup of the car. i dont know about you, but the overlap of F1 (towards the end of the season) and the inaguaral grand prix for A1 should make for fun times. hopefully some station out there will pick the coverage up.

anyone else cant wait for this?

Yep, I cant wait. Should be a good series. Of course I will be supporting the Aussie team. It has been bought/leased by former F1 World Champion Alan Jones and his son Christian Jones is rumoured to drive the Aussie car. Christian himself is a Formula 3000 champion.

Says in this article 9 teams confirmed...

http://www.motoring.co.za/index.php?fSectionId=768&fArticleId=2284038

i can't wait for it! I was born in Abu Dhabi (about an hour from Dubai); currently in the US. This should be great -- its like the world cup of F1!

Third episode of Fifth Gear this season talked about it. (http://www.finalgear.com/)

yes, indeed. that episode actually sparked the reason of my initial post. that was pretty slick that they let that guy take that prototype A1 car for a spin on the track. i hope speed channel picks the coverage up on it.

It will be a FANTASTIC setup but will never out do C.A.R.T or F1 IMHO.

Adam.

i used to follow champ car religiously, until i lost track of it - as in i didnt who was covering it anymore, which lead to the transition to following F1. but to my joy, i found that either NBC or speed are covering it.

c.a.r.t, F1, and soon A1...the trifecta is almost complete!!! :D

Archived