LegacyGT.com

WARNING: 06 WRX lip on an 05 LGT inside!

spartan

Here it is on my 09. It looks awesome in person!! Where the 05 had a little bit of gap in the middle, I had to trim about 2" off of each side so it would tuck up nicely in the center of the bumper. I used a dremmel to smooth it out.

I will take better pics tomorrow, cause as you can see it's dark outside. :p

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m135/legacychick/lip3.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m135/legacychick/lip2.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m135/legacychick/lip1.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The hardest part was getting it started. I couldn't get the car on ramps because it was lowered, so I didn't have much room to work underneath. After I was happy with the trimming, I put one screw in the middle to hold it up. Then I had my bf hold the lip in place while I drilled the holes. It came with 4 pop-its, but none of them are in the right place. I might put one more screw on each side, just to be on the safe side.

But no heating or bending!

That looks *great*, legacychick!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

tadah, added lips on side too:

http://berzindesign.com/FILESHARE/frontlip.jpg

Hey ArcTec, I was wondering how you did this lip on the side...it looks good!

plastic epoxy type stuff.. built it up, sanded down to the right form, primed, painted

Received my lip today in 7 days from D1performance. Haven't had a chance to put it on yet and not sure if I should paint it a flatter black. For those interested in how it's packaged: http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm92/iahtnoob/SL734358.jpg

^ Yes that is pretty sh!tty of someone, this is just another alternative, just as rotas are an "alternative" to higher-end rims. Different people have different priorities, views and budgets.

In my defense this is the way that I see it; this is a Legacy community, we are all here to learn about our cars, enjoy what other people are doing with their cars and get helpful tech. stuff. I have been and am currently a member of several car boards because I have owned several cars over my life time.

I am sorry Rav but I do not believe that you pay two hundred dollars for the lip that you sell on this board. So, in my humble opinion you are gouging the members of this board. My guess is you spend fifty per unit, spend around twenty bucks to ship each item and the rest is profit. If the company that is selling the WRX lip is selling it for sixty five shipped they must be spending half of that on production, R&D and shipping. So your claim of two hundred is hard to believe (and I don't).

I won't "high jack" anymore of your threads, I apologize that I posted the fact that members of this community can purchase a lip that will fit a very popular Legacy model at a fraction of the cost you charge. I also feel that if you lowered the cost you would move more units and in the end make more, just look at the amount of people in this thread who are buying an alternative.

Again I feel you are gouging this community. And I was defending this community. If I felt like you actually spent two hundred dollars on that lip I would not have made any of the comments that i have.

^ Of course he's making a profit. It's business. Businesses exist to bring bread to its workers and owners.

None of us are that naive.

"Gouging?"

What about the prices for the other Vendors who also make FRP, CF, or PU lips for the BL/BP?

RavSpec's prices are not out-of-line, and they simply represent what this community has been - and still are - willing to pay for a true unpack-and-bolt-on solution which is, for all intents and purposes, aesthetically, and fit, "perfect."

Could he perhaps take the entire market, by lowering his prices, like what's happening now with various plug-and-play HID kits? Maybe - but at the same time, the current market in this community sends him, as well as other Vendors of similar products, plenty of profit already, so why change?

The WRX lip is an *imperfect* fit that requires end-user modification in order to, first of all, make it simply fit (i.e. needing to chop an inch and a half or so off the ends) this cross-application, to say nothing of the additional time and effort needed to dress those ends, and/or fill the gaps in the center raised portion.

Yes, some here have more time than they do money (or see the dollar-to-effort trade as being one that they perceive more value with).

Alternatively, some just enjoy the DIY-ness of it.

But to first and jump on a Forum-supporting Vendor's thread - something which is frowned upon no matter which online community you're in (of a Vendor who is in good standing, particularly; and here, note, that while no other Vendors came forward, RavSpec decided to lend a helping hand to those who were stuck with the D2/Patriki fiasco) - and to then offer a backhanded apology in which you claim that they're "gouging?"

That's, again, just not cool.

No-one is forcing anyone to buy RavSpec - or any Vendors', for that matter - products.

No-one is burying this thread, either.

But to call out a Vendor on his own thread, and then to make such horrible accusations?

That's just uncalled for.

Don't get me wrong.

I truly hope that with an increasing population base, as more BL/BPs find their way into the secondary market, that we'll start seeing more affordable specific-for-purpose/made lips for our vehicles.

And at the same time, I'm also rather certain that eBay and other such discount/bargain sites will be among the first to offer such products - and I have no problems against that, either.

I, for one, certainly would appreciate such a scenario playing out. God knows that with the roads the way they are here in NE-Ohio, and with our many times off-kilter apron angles and drop-offs, I well understand that even the days of my RavSpec PU lip is numbered. So, yes, I'd very much appreciate lips which would be easier on the wallet, but at the same time, are also bolt-on, fitted, solutions.

But to trash RavSpec? Why not also jump on a few of Rommel's threads and complain about his pricing for lips or for grill(e)s - now that there's plenty of eBay and DIY grille applications available, aren't those all about price-gouging, too? Or how about Mach V/FastWRX?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived