LegacyGT.com

WARNING: 06 WRX lip on an 05 LGT inside!

spartan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mine arrived yesterday, when I held it up it seems too wide?? Was there any "bending" or modding required to get it to work? The center lines up just like yours but the overall seems too wide. I have not tried to bolt it on yet, hopefully it fits up and I was not sent the wrong lip.

Threw it on just using the two "pop-its" (already on the underside of the bumper) one on each side and a couple of clamps to see how it lines up. It does seem to fit, holding it up had me worried but now that it is "semi" attached it looks good. It might need alittle finess here and there to line up perfect, I figured I would just attach it with the included self tapping screws and washers, is that how you did it??

When you cut off the ends did you re-glue the endcaps on or just leave them open?

Threw it on just using the two "pop-its" (already on the underside of the bumper) one on each side and a couple of clamps to see how it lines up. It does seem to fit, holding it up had me worried but now that it is "semi" attached it looks good. It might need alittle finess here and there to line up perfect, I figured I would just attach it with the included self tapping screws and washers, is that how you did it??

When you cut off the ends did you re-glue the endcaps on or just leave them open?

I'm going to end up bondo-ing a mold form onto the ends, and the little wing "lip" that I posted in the above picture, then sand down to get the right curves

Yes, as I stated in the first post, there is definately some persuation needed to get the lip to fit properly. I think when I set mine on the ground and measured it was like 4 inches wider than the bumper. You just need to start in the middle and work your way to the ends, trying to line up the edge of the lip with the edge of the bumper. It took me a few trys before it looked right.

Yes, as I stated in the first post, there is definately some persuation needed to get the lip to fit properly. I think when I set mine on the ground and measured it was like 4 inches wider than the bumper. You just need to start in the middle and work your way to the ends, trying to line up the edge of the lip with the edge of the bumper. It took me a few trys before it looked right.

I think it looks just as good as those Rav Spec lips that cost two hundred and fifty bucks.:lol:

I think it looks just as good as those Rav Spec lips that cost two hundred and fifty bucks.:lol:

sorry my friend, this is not even CLOSE to what our lip look like when installed on the LGT. Our lips has no gaps what so ever, the width is perfect as well. No modification to the plastic at all. Just drilling into the bumper needed. With an extra hand you can have this done within an hour.

Yes our lips are ~$200, but I think that's worth the time that you will spend trying to make it fit and still have the big gaps.

Unless your time is not worth the extra $130 then I got nothing to say.

its a brake duct, duh LOL. still waiting on 08+ cars. if it does not work i'll probably fork out money for the RBS 08 lip this summer.

sexy. edekba's car.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2481/3760228324_8dd462b871_b.jpg

sorry my friend, this is not even CLOSE to what our lip look like when installed on the LGT. Our lips has no gaps what so ever, the width is perfect as well. No modification to the plastic at all. Just drilling into the bumper needed. With an extra hand you can have this done within an hour.

Yes our lips are ~$200, but I think that's worth the time that you will spend trying to make it fit and still have the big gaps.

Unless your time is not worth the extra $130 then I got nothing to say.

RavSpec, don't take the comments the wrong way. :)

We're a diverse bunch here on LGT.com - there's those who would pay more for a perfect fit, out-of-the-package, and who want to also save time and effort; but at the same time, there are also those who either enjoy little projects such as these and/or have more time on their hands than money, and thus need to find an alternative. There's no right or wrong, here.

Take it as a compliment that your product is among the gold-standards, something that others seek to compare to.

Again, maintain your professionalism - there's no need to defend your product. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

that's some massive gaps to me.

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/6984/20100131image0001.jpg

With a camera flash it stands out, I got mine installed last night and now this morning in direct sunlight you hardly notice the "gap" even laying on the ground. Standing in front of the car at 10' away it looks steller. I know you are also trying to sell your product, but truthfully I see front lips as a wear item on a lowered car, they will get damamged. Much better to damage a $65 product that looks really good, than a $250 product that is perfect. IMHO

The lip they sent me is black not grey, so the "gaps" are even less noticable.

RavSpec, don't take the comments the wrong way. :)

We're a diverse bunch here on LGT.com - there's those who would pay more for a perfect fit, out-of-the-package, and who want to also save time and effort; but at the same time, there are also those who either enjoy little projects such as these and/or have more time on their hands than money, and thus need to find an alternative. There's no right or wrong, here.

Take it as a compliment that your product is among the gold-standards, something that others seek to compare to.

Again, maintain your professionalism - there's no need to defend your product. :)

Thanks on the reply, I agree with you, some of us like a little project and willing to go for the cheaper options. I am sorry if I offended anyone, never meant to be.

But I do have to defend myself and make a case because theGeneral hijacked my for sale thread and claim that our lip are the same as this and I need to clarify that it is not.

We sold the lip at $200 because this is how much we have to pay if the product is not mass produced.

People can buy the 06 WRX lip at $69 because the factory produced 1000+ and they have the quantity to lower the pricing.

We didn't even break 250 pieces after 2 years and the manufacturing cost and R&D cost are still not recover yet.

^ Very good points - and I apologize, I didn't know that theGeneral had hijacked your F/S thread. :(

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ Very good points - and I apologize, I didn't know that theGeneral had hijacked your F/S thread. :(

^ Yes that is pretty sh!tty of someone, this is just another alternative, just as rotas are an "alternative" to higher-end rims. Different people have different priorities, views and budgets.

Archived