LegacyGT.com

EZ30R-powered GC4

I didn't know that I had an oil cooler?? :confused: Are you saying that I should get one? And also, the engine is brand new. The only carbon you see on there is from the factory testing. This engine was never even put into a chassis. :)

Mick

Mick,

The oil cooler is that bronze colored finned device with the coolant pipes coming out of it between the oil filter and the filter mount. That's at least a $300 option plus installation so the fact that you have one already is cool. Subaru uses this on all of their automatic OBs, Foresters and GTs (I believe GTs too). Will have to check mine a 5EAT this weekend at the fun run to make sure.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a list of parts that I've purchased:

JDM Legacy 3.0R:

EZ30-R longblock + engine mounts

05 Outback H6:

ECU

Wiring harness

Fuel Pressure Regulator

Idler pulleys (for V-belt)

V-belt

MAF sensor

01~04 Outback H6:

Alternator

Power Steering pump & reservoir

A/C compressor

Radiator

EJ22/25:

Exedy street clutch kit

Still looking for:

STi or Forester XT throttle-by-wire gas pedal

Once I get the gas pedal, I am going to begin the swap, which will be by the end of the week. I'm sure there will be a few more parts to track down after I start, but I have the enough to get the project started. Pictures to come soon!

Mick

• 1 month later...

Any progress updates on this, Mick? The EZ30R swap is something I'm really seriously considering for my '97 2.5GT, so I'm curious to see how this works out for you.

Were you able to salvage all the parts you've listed in the post above (from a junkyard or whatever), or did you have to buy new?

Pat Olsen

'97 Legacy 2.5GT sedan

• 9 months later...

Archived