LegacyGT.com

Intermittent click when depressing brake pedal

Looks like this never got solved?

I have found how to recreate it, I'll be looking in to it this weekend.

When the brake pedal clicks, you have to be driving around for it to happen again and won't happen if you keep depressing the pedal, however, if I press the clutch and then press the brake pedal; it clicks.

I can make it click again even while stopped if I press the clutch then the brake pedal. It might be related some how? Can someone confirm if they can recreate it the same way?

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Timbo,

I'm like 99% sure it's the clutch pedal spring.. I spent a good hour under there and everything points to the clutch pedal being the cause of that click.

It's a very small area to work in and I can't get access to that spring.. it's super heavy duty. Inside the spring is some sort of plastic switch as well.. I'm not sure how to go about diagnosing it further but that's as far as I got. :(

• 8 months later...
Bumping from the dead again...this started happening in my car a few days ago. Took it to my shop and we couldn't replicate it, but later that day it came back. You can definitely feel something clicking through the brake pedal, and there is an audible sound along with it. Did anyone ever figure this out?

hawwk57.. if you read a couple posts above by me; I believe this is as far as anyone has ever got.

You can replicate it with the car in neutral, press the clutch, then press the brake, and it will click. If you press the brake once, and then again, it will not click. However, if you press the clutch and then brake, it will click. It's as if pressing the clutch pedal resets the click sound.

I believe it's in the spring located behind the clutch pedal, and I don't have tools or anything to get to it to investigate further. I think most people have just seemed to accept it and ignore it.

Hey, may be try side stepping the clutch pedal with the tranny in neutral with the engine running. Just push in the clutch and take your foot it as fast as possible. Let the pedal bang to the top.

My wagon has begun to make a noise in the AM. I think it goes away after a while.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

hawwk57.. if you read a couple posts above by me; I believe this is as far as anyone has ever got.

You can replicate it with the car in neutral, press the clutch, then press the brake, and it will click. If you press the brake once, and then again, it will not click. However, if you press the clutch and then brake, it will click. It's as if pressing the clutch pedal resets the click sound.

I believe it's in the spring located behind the clutch pedal, and I don't have tools or anything to get to it to investigate further. I think most people have just seemed to accept it and ignore it.

Hmm alright, thanks! I'll probably just ignore it until I have time to do some more digging...

Archived