LegacyGT.com

So tell me why I should buy a Legacy

Nothing compels you to buy any car. If you ask here, people are going to say buy the Legacy. Ask at an Audi board, and people will say buy the Audi. It's your decision. Research, test-drive, and make your own call.

Kevin

Nothing compels you to buy any car. If you ask here, people are going to say buy the Legacy. Ask at an Audi board, and people will say buy the Audi. It's your decision. Research, test-drive, and make your own call.

Kevin

Hehe... of course. :) This is *PART* of my research, getting info from people who've been driving the Legacy for a while. I'm already neck deep in the VW/Audi boards, so as much as it's possible for an all-new car, the A3 is a known quantity to me. Basically it's smelling like a balance between solid performance w/ better price and euro accoutrement w/ better mileage. I read the threads on here a long way back into the history looking for a similar thread before I posted this one.

DKB

This is my first Subaru, I came from 2 GTI VR6s from 1997 to 2004. The legacy GT now with the turbo offering (since MY2005) is a great value for the money. I don't regret it at all, this car is great, it feels more agile than my previous GTI VR6. Fuel economy is not good (for city driving at least) but maybe that's just my driving style...

The A3 is really good looking but I needed a car a little bigger (we're a 1 car family) plus I'm thinking this A3 equipped with similar features (AWD, hp, torque, 17" wheels, dual exhaust pipes, leather, side-mirror integrated turn signals,...) will cost more than an LGT Ltd.

The only thing I regret is not getting a MT with the LGT.

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

This is my first Subaru. I'm at the dealer at this very moment getting its first oil change (prematurely at 764 miles) before I take it on a long roadtrip tomorrow.

Cars previously owned: Mustang, Hyundai, Ford Ranger Splash, Chevrolet Blazer, Toyota Tundra, Harley-Davidson F150, MINI Cooper S (2), Lexus ES300

I crack up when people discuss "poor" mileage on this car. I just traded my Harley F150 (with a supercharged V8) that had a 0-60 of 5.2 secs and 400HP but got 12.5 MPG city. This new car with 18-22 MPG city is a WONDERFUL thing to me. I guess it all depends on where you're comin' from eh? :)

This car strikes a perfect balance for me between the "go anywhere, do anything" utility of my Tundra, the "fun-to-drive/handling" feel of my Cooper S, the straightline performance of my Harley F150, the sophisticated build and "feel" of my Lexus, with Japanese dependability.

Wow...guess it's starting to grow on me now that I think about it. I wish they'd hurry up on this oil change so I can get back to driving! :D

> I think that probably most Subaru drivers are previous Subaru owners.

Well, we have to start somewhere. :-)

Test-driving for my recent acquisition (2005 Legacy) was the first time I had ever *sat* in a Subaru, much less owned one.

For what it's worth, I owned four Saabs until they were GM-ized to death. I think Saab used to engender the same sort of brand loyalty as I see here on the Subaru boards.

I'd be real concerned about the A3 personally, being a new model (at least here in the US) and all, I'd have serious reliability concerns. The 2.0T motor seems like a good one, FSI, 200hp and 200 lbs. ft. of torque give or take as I recall. I'd say it'll get better MPG than the LGT by a fair margin, however, since you can get a LGT for about 4k or so less, that more than offsets the higher fuel cost. I just got 25 MPG on my last tank in the LGT, about 40% city driving and being very gentle on the throttle, only occasionally accelerating hard. So it is possible to get decent fuel economy, but if you spend a lot of time in boost, fuel economy is gonna suffer. Bottom line: drive 'em, get what you like best, since you're the one that will live with the car. Good luck!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/LegacyGT/side.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/LegacyGT/rear.jpg

here is my wagon, and if you have a lead foot and concerened about gas mileage don't get the LGT but you will miss this face :) everytime you step on the gas :D

sorry to hijack but wrx lgt what suspension you got and what size rim/tire

also this is my first subaru. as soon as i test drove it i knew i had to buy it. i researched it first before i test drove it. anyways i came from a 97 Acura CL that i had for the last 5 yrs and was heavily modified. i had a very ahrd time letting it go and this car has made it very easy. I LOVE IT! just pissed i couldn;t get navi. i want to be part of the status quo! anwyas i average 18.5 miles city driving fairly agressive. I would get the legacy hands down.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

You should buy a Subaru GT or OB XT becouse of; $-M-O-N-E-Y-$

Cheers,

Mike

Also a Audi S6 wagon owner and out of warranty; read brutally expensive, $2k this, $2K that.

Cheers, Mike

|`94 E-Class Coupe |`98 Carrera 993 C2S |`14 Cayman S |`20 Outback Touring XT | All Debadged |

Archived