LegacyGT.com

19 or 20?

mlg

I might be buying some custom 3-piece wheels either 19 or 20 inch. What I want to know is what offset I need to keep them from sticking out of the fender with the wheel either being 8, 8.5, or 9 inches. What combination gives me the deepest lip? I do not mind running a 30 series tire, and also with the different combinations what tire widths could I run. I do not plan on lowering the car. Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

if u dont plan on lowering your car,, your legacy will look like a monster truck.. 20,s r way to oversized,, even 19,s r. u might be able to squeeze in 255/19 without lowering, to stay on safe side u prob have to get a 225 tire

Read the FAQ. The numbers I give can pretty much keep the tire flush with the fender. Here you go:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4426

Go with the lowest offset shown. The actual lip will depend on the actual spoke design if it curves into the rim or if it's straight to the lip. You can get a 1.5" "fake" lip for a 8" wide rim. See the thread I started on my rim collection here:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10854

The Farhens have a 1.5" lip.

Keefe

Keefe

Guest *Jedimaster*
Get the 20's, dawg- that way when people ask you how much you paid, you can tell em "more than you can afford pal".

I think you should go with some nice 19's in a 9 inch width. 18's look cool but the LGT is a big car so 19's will give you that big wheel look especially if you don't plan on lowering the car. 20's would look o.k. i guess but for the most part, they would weigh alot and its harder to find good tires in a 20 inch size. As far as the lip is concerned, your not going to have a big one due to our high offsets unless you do what Keefe reccomends and get a wheel with spokes that curve in. You wont have a lip like the one on the G35 unless you do some custom fender work.

JunctionProduceG35(2)jpeg.JPG.22aca1ad89ba88cb000437ef88b04ce6.JPG

IMO, 19's look best on the LGT...18's with a 2 inch drop look good too but the thing is that the LGT has big overhangs (front and rear) bumper wise so although 18" wheels are big, they look akward on the LGT especially if you run low profile rubber. Reminds me of new Camry's that run like 30 series rubber on chrome 18's=ugly because you can put a bigger wheel to fill the wheel well. I myself am a huge fan of staggered setups and although i've spoken to Keefe many times about the issue, i dont think it would be worth the time and money to do a custom widebody to get a nice 3.5 inch real lip all the way around. Because of that, I'm trading up for a 6 speed G35 and plan to run 19x9.5(f) and 19X10.5® HRE 545R's with 245/35/19(f) and 285/30/19 Bridgestone S-03's. Gotta love running 22 and 23 offset so you get a 3 inch lip up front and a nice big 5 inch lip in the rear. Of course the car will be dropped 1.25 inches on Cusco Zero-2 coilovers.

Thanks Xenonk and SFGR415 for the info. I didn't think that 20's would strike such a nerve. The LGT is a big car and the 17's look way to small for the wheel well even lowered.

you will have a very hard time looking for 20"s with a 5x100 without going to a custom rim.

I run a lot of 17"s.. in reality, the Legacy (2.5i) is really running 16".. so 17" is really a "+1" application already. Going to 18" (+2" application) is more than enough. 19" is probaby the most common and largest size you would want to go on that car. If anything, 19" will make your 12.3" front brakes look tiny. That's a lot of rotational mass as well.

Keefe

Keefe

Because of that, I'm trading up for a 6 speed G35 and plan to run 19x9.5(f) and 19X10.5® HRE 545R's with 245/35/19(f) and 285/30/19 Bridgestone S-03's. Gotta love running 22 and 23 offset so you get a 3 inch lip up front and a nice big 5 inch lip in the rear. Of course the car will be dropped 1.25 inches on Cusco Zero-2 coilovers.

My friends 350Z runs 18x10"s up front and 18x12"s in the rear... dude, go wider! :lol: Why stop at 285s when you can cram 315/30/18 instead. Well, this is from a track guy, not a bling-er with 19"s and 20"s.

Keefe

Keefe

My friends 350Z runs 18x10"s up front and 18x12"s in the rear... dude, go wider! :lol: Why stop at 285s when you can cram 315/30/18 instead.

Keefe

Im sorry if 19x10.5 is not big enough for some people:mad: ...18's are for losers:lol: ...lol...with all seriousness...285/30/19's are gonna slow the G35 down alot...well...untill i get the funds for the APS Twin Turbo upgrade:D

Im sorry if 19x10.5 is not big enough for some people:mad: ...18's are for losers:lol: ...lol...with all seriousness...285/30/19's are gonna slow the G35 down alot...well...untill i get the funds for the APS Twin Turbo upgrade:D

I would go with Jim Wolf twin turbo kit instead:

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/news.asp

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/TTINFO/ttindex.htm

I am sure you will change your mind when you can find some really nice tires and you can go wider with a 18x12 with a 6"+ lip.. Lip is where it's at ;)

Keefe

Keefe

SFGR425,

Are you trading down to a G35 for the sole reason of being able to fit larger wheels?

Dave.

Of course not...i kinda always liked the G35 coupe...and this is my second sedan... someone my age should be driving a coupe (18)...btw...i pay for all my own stuff...i just would like RWD b/c my first car (1992 Mitsubishi Mirage) was FWD, then the LGT is AWD. I just want a car that I dont have to mod much...If i get the G...i would only do...

-simple body kit

-wheels (previously mentioned)

-coilovers and bbk

-complete sound system (i work at a stereo shop)

-suede headliner

then...

-APS twin turbo upgrade

thats it....if i keep the LGT, i would end up doing a custom wide body, body kit, wheels, suspension, brakes, alot of engine work (gt-30r and all supporting mods), stereo, swap out seats, suede headliner,

Pretty much, with the G35, it would be easy to go back to stock, but with the LGT, i would have modded it to point of no return.

Thats about it.

I would go with Jim Wolf twin turbo kit instead:

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/news.asp

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/TTINFO/ttindex.htm

I am sure you will change your mind when you can find some really nice tires and you can go wider with a 18x12 with a 6"+ lip.. Lip is where it's at ;)

Keefe

The Jim Wolf kit is nice too but you cant go wrong with either...i believe the APS is getting carb cert too...

Of course not...i kinda always liked the G35 coupe...and this is my second sedan... someone my age should be driving a coupe (18)...btw...i pay for all my own stuff...i just would like RWD b/c my first car (1992 Mitsubishi Mirage) was FWD, then the LGT is AWD. I just want a car that I dont have to mod much...If i get the G...i would only do...

-simple body kit

-wheels (previously mentioned)

-coilovers and bbk

-complete sound system (i work at a stereo shop)

-suede headliner

then...

-APS twin turbo upgrade

thats it....if i keep the LGT, i would end up doing a custom wide body, body kit, wheels, suspension, brakes, alot of engine work (gt-30r and all supporting mods), stereo, swap out seats, suede headliner,

Pretty much, with the G35, it would be easy to go back to stock, but with the LGT, i would have modded it to point of no return.

Thats about it.

ummm....do you pay for your own stuff after you get handed a blank check from the 'rents or are you slangin' rocks? What you propose would cost some serious dough, more than most 18yr olds can make legally.

Oh, wait, I didn't read far enough, you work at a stereo shop. Do you get much crap from your boss and/or coworkers for spending valuable work time daydreaming? :D

ummm....do you pay for your own stuff after you get handed a blank check from the 'rents or are you slangin' rocks? What you propose would cost some serious dough, more than most 18yr olds can make legally.

Oh, wait, I didn't read far enough, you work at a stereo shop. Do you get much crap from your boss and/or coworkers for spending valuable work time daydreaming? :D

Yea, I work at a stereo shop and make commission...As far as daydreaming all day, we all do. Here is a feature on my co-workers former daily driver http://www.caraudiomag.com/v_features/0310cae_saleenmustang/index.html He now owns an 02 Roush Mustang and plans to build that one up as well. We're around nice cars all day:D so there is'nt much other to think about. Another thing is that i have a hook up on alot of stuff as i am my own hook up on car audio, then i know a body shop, upholestry shop, mechanic shop (my dad) and he can get bbks and wheels, etc. so yea. I guess you can say im a fortunate guy but you must realize that I pay for everything I own. It kinda sucked last year during senior year of high school when everyones parents were buyin them nice cars and i was stuck with a 1992 mitsubishi mirage. Here is a list of just some of those nice cars (you must remember, everyone is like 17-18 years old at the time)

-Mazda RX-8

-Lexus IS300

-Subaru WRX

-Jaguar S-Type

-VW Passat W8

-Ford Mustang GT

-Turbo Acura Integra GSR

-Acura RSX type S

-Cadillac Escalad

-Lincoln Navigator

-numerous Honda Civics and Toyota Corollas

It would suck when you go out and people would be like....dude...your car doesnt have power door locks or windows...i would be like....you want a ride? LOL...but I guess the tables have turned as I am now getting a G35 and my boy that had a 92 Honda Accord is getting an AMG C-Class (he works his @ss off).

Archived