LegacyGT.com

The Unofficial 05-06 LGT 2.2k .5w Resistor UP Pipe Install CEL FIX

:)Thank you for the fix.my car left me on the way to work on a Saturday... crap my Cobb Up Pipe.:cool:

Cool story bro.

This mod, and the associated trouble code, would not cause any of the problems you described. I'm afraid you have a different, more serious problem.

TS has the O2 sensor after the turbo because the gasses from all 4 only mix for the first time in the turbo. Otherwise they would need 2 sensors, one for each bank.

Also, JDM knows the O2 works better post turbo.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool story bro.

This mod, and the associated trouble code, would not cause any of the problems you described. I'm afraid you have a different, more serious problem.

TS has the O2 sensor after the turbo because the gasses from all 4 only mix for the first time in the turbo. Otherwise they would need 2 sensors, one for each bank.

Also, JDM knows the O2 works better post turbo.

this happened before the mod was done. the ecu shuts the engine down when you get a p1544 code for protection. AFTER I DID THE MOD i reset the ecu and the car runs fine.

read my initial post and analyze it. when the car cut off i used my ap to reset the ecu. the only code was a p1544. when i got to my friends shop he checked the car and the code was p1544 he reset the ecu and the car was still the same. when i installed the resistance and the ecu was reset the check engine light was off and the car has bin running fine. so can you explain this to me? Edited by HellShadow70

Yes. You have another underlying problem and in the process of doing this mod, it went away. Don't worry, it'll be back sometime. But it wasn't because of your EGT sensor.

Bring your car out to Colorado and I'll diagnose and fix it for you. Until then, maybe give the car the keyboard.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah i just broke the weird ass cord and metal piece off and the sensor itself off and screwed it back in and made sure there were no unwanted pieces in the up. Will that work?

Yes - But I'm not sure whether it would leak with everything broken-off on both sides of the bung.

yes im stage 2 and i just got a CEL which is weird cause ive been stage 2 w/ the egt for a couple months and the cel just came on so i did it. Decatted stock up

And you are using the resistor? If yes, check your resistor connection, if no, get one on there quick.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 3 weeks later...
Hmmm, perfect. Found the thread that will help me get started. Good to know about this. Looks like I'll be doing a UP/DP plus a tune soon. Most of you are saying more throttle response which is nice. Any noticeable exhaust tone change? Stock cans.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
LAGT, can this same process be applied to all the sensors in the exhaust stream provided i know the resistance of each sensor? Only asking because im planning on completing my exhaust with catless up and dp in the next couple weeks and losin all the egt/o2 sensors. Thanks!

As mentioned, you need the forward (wideband) o2 sensor for fuel adjustments. The rearward sensor is for emissions. Using RomRaider & Ecuflash you can easily just disable the rear sensor and avoid a CEL if you don't have a cat

• 1 year later...