LegacyGT.com

The Unofficial 05-06 LGT 2.2k .5w Resistor UP Pipe Install CEL FIX

Took mine out when I upgraded the UP, and never bothered with the resistor fix. Turned it off with the tune.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no real need for a resistor fix as it can be turned off with the tune. I mentioned that I did the resistor in a thread and ended up getting PM'd so consistantly that I wrote a thread so I could just give the link :lol:

Random but true.

There is no real need for a resistor fix as it can be turned off with the tune.

As I just said a few posts back, you eliminate the CEL, but the ECU still delays the OL/CL transition. The proper modification is to remove the sensor and install the resistor.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

As I just said a few posts back, you eliminate the CEL, but the ECU still delays the OL/CL transition. The proper modification is to remove the sensor and install the resistor.

First I recall understanding that. Me thinks I'll do this as soon as I get back home. Would not having this fix have any effect on how the car runs, if tuned without it? What effect would it have to now install it?

Edited by SBT

It affects time delays and minor table references. It should be independent of the tune.

So adding the resistor later shouldn't mess up a tune.

And sorry, I didn't say it in a few posts back, it was in a different thread that should probably be merged with this one.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

• 2 weeks later...

So.... I just went and got 2.2k ohm resistor in a 1/4W. I take it I bought the wrong one and need 1/2W? No big deal as the car is still in pieces just confirming that I cannot use this.

Got the .5w ones. No need to take chances

Edited by Gex

I'm planning to just cut the connector to the EGT sensor, pull the wires out of that and solder/crimp the resistor into the wire locations, and then RTV seal that end to protect it from wet and exposure. Once the RTV is dry, I'll plug the whole assembly into the femail receptacle and call it a day.

• 4 weeks later...
I was surprised, to say the least, at the immediate improvement. Car feels better all the way around, especially at low rev driving, where previously it always felt like it was running rich and chugging, now it feels smooth and linear. Any possibility that the resister has any effect on the fueling at this level?

Took the car out for a longer 50+ mile drive today. Lots of stop-and-go, some cruising, but most was idling and low speed. 27mpg - so much smoother and the throttle transitions are definitely improved. Wish I had done this way-back when. :redface:

Took the car out for a longer 50+ mile drive today. Lots of stop-and-go, some cruising, but most was idling and low speed. 27mpg - so much smoother and the throttle transitions are definitely improved. Wish I had done this way-back when. :redface:

I have mine routed in post turbo on my AVO DP since the T/S install. So the car will run better after deleting it? I figured it probably was better to leave it in since I had the ability to do so. (Guess I was wrong as usual)

I have mine routed in post turbo on my AVO DP since the T/S install. So the car will run better after deleting it? I figured it probably was better to leave it in since I had the ability to do so. (Guess I was wrong as usual)

Actually scrap what i said. I took a look and it is not the EGT sensor. It is the front O2 sensor that was routed to the bellmouth on my DP? (The plug next to the ETG with the four wires) The dealer that did my T/S conversion must have done the resistor fix when they did the swap. (The 2 wire connector is wrapped in tape)

• 1 month later...
:)Thank you for the fix.my car left me on the way to work on a Saturday on 95. south bound under the buildings at the foot of the GW Bridge.:spin: It Just Shut Down (on The Center Lane:icon_cry:) And I Was Stranded It Was Scary with all the cars screeching in the back.:mad:I got my ap from my bag and got the code. then i reset the ecu but only could do 15 MPH. if i did more it would shut off.:confused: i Was Able to get to my Friends shop on Webster av. After 12 shut downs. got on the PC and Found this Thread.;) To Bad Radio Shack Was Closed At 8:00am:lol: But After Waiting for it to open i was able to get it running Normal Again. Thank You. I Will Remove The Sensor and cap my Cobb Up Pipe.:cool: