LegacyGT.com

anyone else feeling like interior parts are made of crap?

nothing broken, yet. (knocks wood)

not through lack of trying, and at 6'8", 225 lbs, I could apply enough stress to most parts to snap them off.

my problem is that the top of the seat basically hits me at the shoulder blades.

No offense man, but at 6'8" what can you expect.

I really enjoy my interior..a lot better than my "painted red&white" in my old 98 Imp...
My sister has an Impala. Car has worked wll for her but the interior is cheaper looking than a Taxi cab. UGH! Who does the insides of these GM cars?

Well, I weigh a 145 at 5'-8" (yes, I am skinny, try 28" waist).

Keefe

that's got to be a disgrace to the american society! :lol: :lol:

all of a sudden im feelin porky cause i put you to shame!!!! :eek::eek:

Kenda who will now go binge to get a size 28 waist J/K!

• 2 weeks later...

those two vertical pieces [of sh.t] that wrap around the center console, which are fake wood on LTDs (mine is unlimited). Boy, are they crap! Even the slightest pressure with a finger or knee (my knee happens to touch it sometimes while driving) make this flimsy thing squeak and crunch every time being touched, and it would often rattle by itself on the go until I finally get pissed off and punch it.

Anyone else have this?

• 2 months later...

Dangit, my lumbar broke tonight. I was just sitting at the light and was pressing on the brake pedal slightly hard, and I hear this loud snap and my wife heard it as well, looked at me, and said "What was that?!"

*sigh*

So, are they still backordered? :rolleyes::(

those two vertical pieces [of sh.t] that wrap around the center console, which are fake wood on LTDs (mine is unlimited). Boy, are they crap! Even the slightest pressure with a finger or knee (my knee happens to touch it sometimes while driving) make this flimsy thing squeak and crunch every time being touched, and it would often rattle by itself on the go until I finally get pissed off and punch it.

Anyone else have this?

Geez...a little ticked off are we? :lol:

I have the same issue on my car...but at this point, I don't give a flying rats A double dollars. The driving experience makes up for it...minus the surge/stutter/shutter/whatever we are calling it these days. NOW THAT! really urks me.

Oh well...let's see what the future holds!

The rattles in this car are driving me up the wall, though my buddy's 1-year-old M3 is starting to do the same thing as well. I'm convinced that I just need to drive a car milled out of a solid hunk of aluminum to make me happy about interior quality. All I have to do is drive around my '86 Jeep Cherokee for a bit to make me feel a LOT better about the interior fit and finish of my LGT. :)

BTW, 6' 0" and 148lbs, haven't broken anything inside. Some bits seem flimsy, but I doubt that they'd break without my own intentions.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else have this?

I think a lot of people have this issue. Just take it in, tell them you have a squeak. I did that, and they put foam weather stripping under pretty much every single piece of console. No more squeaking. Yay!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Just wondering how people were making out with the lumbar support. I have a problem that might be related, and am looking for input!

Here goes...

My seat has developed a loose part that knocks me in the back in the lumbar region when the car travels over bumps, or when I back off the throttle. It is not painful, but drives me crazy. The first time I reported it to my dealer, they said nothing was broken, but a part was loose. This rectified the problem for about a month, but then it returned. At the next assessment, they said they had to order a new seat back frame, which they did (and replaced two weeks later). Again, the problem was gone, but has since returned. Could this be related to the lumbar parts? The lumbar mechanism still seems to work correctly.

Thanks in advance!

unhappy to report that i too broke my lumbar support, i hope they have supply under control now.

Archived