LegacyGT.com

New Camry is a Legacy clone

I saw a new 2005 Camry parked near my car. I looked so much like my Legacy. It had the same At blue paint. The rear looks almost the same too. They completely copied the taillights, trunk and spoiler. I walked around the Camry and found it has the same looking headlights as the Legacy too. Has anyone else seen these Camrys? I hate them. I don't want people to think I am driving one!

Blasphemy!

No, actually I think a lot of Subaru's have looked a bit like Toyota's. Too uncanny of resemblences, reason I say Subaru like Toyota because Toyota had the design first and Subaru's look a little like copies.

Front of older GC/GM/GF Impreza to older Corolla

BD/BG and BL/BP Legacy's to their respective generation Camry's (BE/BH wasn't nearly as close)

Impreza Bugeye to Corolla

I'm sure there's others I'm missing, but many characteristics are just too darn close for comfort if you ask me.

i also think it's Subaru who copied from Toyota...

+1 the Camry body style came out first and they also have the red and clear sections reversed on some years. BTW I wonder how many people get spanked by my LGT and think DAMN that Camry is fast. :lol:

+1 the Camry body style came out first and they also have the red and clear sections reversed on some years. BTW I wonder how many people get spanked by my LGT and think DAMN that Camry is fast. :lol:

The other day this lady driving a Camry was staring at me Legacy... guess she was wondering why my Subaru looks like her Toyota... And thats not the first time I got that kind of look... http://home.comcast.net/~mozilla2005/T_T.png

This Space For Rent

The other day this lady driving a Camry was staring at me Legacy... guess she was wondering why my Subaru looks like her Toyota... And thats not the first time I got that kind of look... http://home.comcast.net/~mozilla2005/T_T.png

You should come out to some NNJ WRX meets sometime I get "Ok who brought the Camry?" all the time, I think i may need to show up in my Camry before i get rid of it, but it sux to drive it :lol:

yeah but maybe if there are enough of the same threads started, there will be more company's taking interesting and producing exterior parts to make subtle changes to our tame looking cars.

You should come out to some NNJ WRX meets sometime I get "Ok who brought the Camry?" all the time

did you say "the camry is better than those bugeye neon's?" :p

This Space For Rent

Wow, this got a lot of replies in a hurry. Thanks for the link to the old post about this.

My other surprise about the Camry is how they matched the AT blue paint to Subaru -or maybe it is the other way around.

i don't think posts over 6 months count :) .. perfectly valid re-dicussions!! heh

i think it's just how the tail lights curve with the trunk lid. i only think about that when i see the shape of the tail light.

Look,

as I've said before, the whole freakin' world and our very existance IS WTLW. Nothing is new, it's all 'been there, done that' for eons and eons and generations and generations.

In other words...WTLW is an innappropriate response to ANY post. OR...a perfectly appropriate response to ANY post (?). So there!

Archived