LegacyGT.com

help needed in SC

what

Hey folks, well I used to live here and I am back visiting in Sumter and found some problems with my LGT. I have a stripped bolt on my Perrin TMIC and on my turbo housing. Some mechanic totally screwed this up in the past and I had no idea until I just discovered the problems.

Anyone know the closest performance shop that can work on Subies, or have turbos, TMIC? I am sure I could order the stock stuff but I was planning on upgrading anyways but this is on rather short time. I was supposed to drive back up to Ohio Friday but may be staying here longer till I get this stuff fixed.

If any of you have any advice or parts, used turbo, TMIC, even stock stuff I definitely am in need. Thanks

I got a few suggestions that I think will work. So I will be working on these and probably heading back up without having to buy all new stuff. I am pretty sure I will need to buy a new intake hose though going to the intake manifold. That one keeps coming apart, I think the Subaru dealer actually has that in stock.

Is the bolt itself stripped or threads on the turbo/tmic?

Im assuming you mean the threads on the parts themselves. You could probably use a helicoil to rethread the items and get new bolts that will match the new threads. On the turbo and tmic, this should be a pretty easy process.

The threads on the turbo housing are stripped out. I will have to look into a helicoil. I worked on it today and hopefully got it fixed. I got a new intake hose from the Subaru dealer, and ended up getting a longer Hex head bolt and put a nut on the bottom of it.

It was a tremendous amount of fun trying to get the nut on it with no room to reach down there, so I ended up making a tool with a fork and a crescent wrench and was able to get the nut on and tightened. I dont have any tools with me here so I had to buy some and make due with what I had available.

Archived