LegacyGT.com

Subie salesman's statements

Can anyone offer some enlightenment?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Can anyone offer some enlightenment?

• Yes
    • No

Greetings everybody! Today is my first day signing in. I ordered a 2005 GT Legacy Limited that will be ready in about two to three weeks.

Can anyone suggest any performance/gas mileage enhancements, or are these topics mutually exclusive? Will these enhancements void the warranty?

The salesman told me that HID headlights will not be offered on the 2006 Legacy GT Limited, so I took his work and ordered a 2005. I hope he's right. The 2005 model year is half over.

thanks,

Frankie :)

Can anyone suggest any performance/gas mileage enhancements, or are these topics mutually exclusive?

Performance and gas mileage are almost always mutually exclusive.

Stay out of the boost, and you'll get excellent mileage. I work from home, so the wife takes the Legacy sometimes. She averages ~28mpg. I average ~22.

What is the boost range on the car? I thought I could hear the thing start to spool around 3500, but even if I keep to about 3K I'm ending up with 22-23 mpg ... oh but I only have 1000 miles on the car.

As far a salesmen and future changes and telling the truth. A) The guy is on commision and wants to sell a car TODAY B) Most car salesmen dont know crap about cars ( I was an insider for a while) C) Believe it or not they will pretty much tell you anything to sell a car TODAY. T Think about it you let a guy walk out and come back next year you'll likely go hungry this paycheck. Tell me his motivation to saying "yea next years car is going to have the things you want but this years car lacks" Good way to starve.

Archived