LegacyGT.com

Compilation of available clutches for BP/BL

NSFW

yea same here.... bought it as a kit from amazon that was "guaranteed to fit my vehicle" not so much. i was able to use the throw out bearing though. returned the rest because of time constraints adn for some reason was awarded a full refund even though parts were missing from the box.

act streetlite pn 600480. 06 up wrx 5mt

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I ended up glazing one side of my disc (full Kevlar) due to drag on the diaphragm spring caused by the release fork not being able to "release" completely. So I have a new disc and just going through break-in again. I've done about 300km of granny driving so far with lots of downshifting/engine breaking. I'm going to go easy on it till my next oil change and we'll see how it holds.

• 3 months later...
Got the Clutchmasters FX300 with oem 06 wrx fly. Granny drove it for over 1000 miles( didnt go over 5 lbs of boost).The company says 500 miles but this is false! The clutch feel is only slightly different than stock and it holds well for Stage 2. I hope it will be fine for my turbo upgrade. Otherwise seemed to be one of the better choices when it came to how much trq it could handle, the cost, and driveability. O and make sure to get the TSK kit very much worth it.

Got the Clutchmasters FX300 with oem 06 wrx fly. Granny drove it for over 1000 miles( didnt go over 5 lbs of boost).The company says 500 miles but this is false! The clutch feel is only slightly different than stock and it holds well for Stage 2. I hope it will be fine for my turbo upgrade. Otherwise seemed to be one of the better choices when it came to how much trq it could handle, the cost, and driveability. O and make sure to get the TSK kit very much worth it.

what does the TSK kit do?

i need a clutch bad, have an ACT now but its seen better days.

i also have the 06+ wrx lwfw in there but i might just put an oem wrx fw. not sure yet as money is super tight lately.

the exedy is pretty much stock replacement for the 06+ wrx correct?

im trying to get away from the killer pedal crap, if i had the dough id go clutchmasters w/ oem wrx fw.

I got my CM FX300 setup for less than $600 shipped from MAperformance on Nasioc. The pedal is as light as stock and holds very well.

what does the TSK kit do?

i need a clutch bad, have an ACT now but its seen better days.

i also have the 06+ wrx lwfw in there but i might just put an oem wrx fw. not sure yet as money is super tight lately.

the exedy is pretty much stock replacement for the 06+ wrx correct?

im trying to get away from the killer pedal crap, if i had the dough id go clutchmasters w/ oem wrx fw.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

tsk will prevent grooving of the quill of the transmission i was told it also it also reduces chatter noise. My clutch is silent compared to my friends srt-4 his chatters wicked bad at idle. I orderd my fx300 for a 06 wrx and the flywheel was from subaru just an oem 06 wrx. As long as u have the 06 wrx fly im pretty sure any 06 wrx clutch will work on our trannys.

so i have a lwfw (06+wrx) should i keep it (get it resurfaced) or just toss it and get oem wrx fw?

i thought i read lwfw isnt that good of an idea for turbo cars?

It dependes on you. If you like the way it drives or not. I just swapped to a tranny without a without the TSK kit and I don't have any chatter. I also took the retainer clip off of the TOB that comes with the TSK kit and put it on the stock TOB just to see what it would do.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

im on the fence, its actually a groupe s fw and wasnt overly light (14.3lbs) but compared to the dmfw its a feather. it did change the way the car drives and it feels less "torquey" but ive been reading and supposedly it has more pluses than minuses.

its a tough decision cause its not an easy part to interchange in case i do change it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a stock '08 Spec B and my clutch just went out. Any suggestions on something I can replace it with that will be an improvement over stock? I'd like something that is both an improvement in performance and lifespan, if that's even possible. Also, do I need to replace FW and clutch?

I was looking at the ACT SB6-HDG6 clutch kit, but don't know if that is overkill for my stock Spec B.

Any suggestions would help.

Nah, I have the money to upgrade now, so I'm thinking that replacing everything is my best option. Now I'm looking at the Clutch Masters Subaru STi FX200 Clutch Kit w/ Hi-Rev Pressure Plate from FredBeans. Does anybody have any experience with this kit on a Spec B? Will this kit even fit my Spec B?

Chatter is usually caused by a warped flywheel, at least initially, and off-the-car you can detect the warp by the blue pin-spots (up to ~1/2"-3/4" in diameter on the surface. You can also straight-edge the FW and check it that way. If you allow the chatter to go on too long, you eventually do damage to the entire drivetrain, especially if it's severe chatter.

At stage 2.5 I have not been happy with my WRX/ACT setup and am going back to the stock setup which worked very well for 100K miles. WRX

FW and ACT HD clutch never felt right from day one and I'm really tired of the associated noise and engagement chatter on launch. It grips well when engaged but it has really taken the joy out of driving the car when all the other things are considered. And I have the TSK3 on as well, which I will likely leave on when I change out the ACT setup.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -