LegacyGT.com

whos tinted?

awdG35killer

which tint?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. which tint?

• dont get pulled over with 30% all around
    • dont be a wuss just do 20% all around

I'm from Utah, but I have 35% in the front and 20% in the rear. It's illegal here but it doesn't look blatant. It won't pass inspection, however. This year I got lucky and the guy said he didn't really care, lol.

With that said, I still wish I would have gone 20% all around.

I'm a native and have always had all my cars tinted. The wife's Pilot has 20% on the front 2 windows to match the 5 rears - never pulled over. My first WRX - 20% all around - never pulled over for it. 2nd WRX - 10% all around - pulled over once for it. 1st LGT - 30%, never pulled over, and the wagon has 30% and have never been pulled over for it.

To tell you the truth - I love the look of 20% or darker all around, but to fly under the radar - I opted for legal tint on the wagon.

I've been pulled over multiple times in 5 years but only one cop had a problem with my 20% tint, and wrote me a $75 ticket. I'll pay the fine and continue to tint my vehicles with 20%.

I have 20%. I think tint laws are really there to help ensure the safety of the officer who is pulling you over. Hence, if I get pulled over I always roll down all 4 windows to allow full visibility. I don't know if its because the police I have had pull me over don't care about the tint, or they appreciate my concern for their safety, but I have never been hassled for the tint.

My wife and I have 5% over stock tint on our LGTs... I think the tester showed 2%! We rarely drive them, so we don't worry about it much. My Outback is 5% in the back and 30% in the front. I like the look, even though it is still illegal. It's not dark enough to be harassed with, though. My wife has 5% in the back and 15% on the front of her Baja... She's been pulled over once. I think 20% all around looks really good, and you probably won't get bothered much, but it really depends on the cops in the area and finding a shop to pass you.

I had 5% on one car all around. It was too dark. But you couldn't see into it. Now I have 20% all around on all my cars that are street driven. I like it a lot. No rolling down the windows when I have to turn anymore.

Archived