LegacyGT.com

K&N is looking for your Legacy GT for Intake Development

Knfilters

K&N is looking for your Legacy GT for Intake Development. Car will be needed for 3-5 working days, and be made available in the Riverside, Southern, California area. Car must be 100% stock. A rental car can be made available if you qualify. Interested candidates, please e-mail directly at [email]jamesy@knfilters.com[/email].

Would you go for a filter that actually keeps its filtering power while others lag behind. And you could keep it a life time and it fit your stock airbox and had never killed a MAF even the very very sesitive MAFs found in the 99RS? You might be a little interested no? [url]http://www.itgairfilters.com/philosophy.asp[/url] When they make thiers for our cars trust me I have used the same panel filter from these guys on all my Impreza's and you can not buy better! Actually they do supply a number of F1 and WRC cars. As you can see I am sold to these guys.

I know it sounds like I work for them, but only because I was convinced by the application I actually manufactur furniture. I went throu so much crap with the other filter manufacturers with my 99RS, I blew 3 MAFs before I finally setteled with the ITG product ( yes I know I should of just put the stocker back in) and I had it also in the REX. PS do not forget the new car has a MAF and Air temp sensor at the same location so the quality of incomming air is very closely monitored by the system. We will have to be very carefull what we stick in there.

[quote name='Drift Monkey']As in my WRX, i'll likey be using OEM filter element for it's pure filtering ablity. I'd trade better filtering over a miniscule power gain and the possibility of oil ruining my MAF sensor.[/quote] Yep. I tried K&N...nothing. Tried ITG...plenty of oil in the filter box, no real improvements. Went back to stock. If it's good enough for the Subaru WRC team, it's good enough for me. :D Kevin

[quote name='gtguy']Yep. I tried K&N...nothing. Tried ITG...plenty of oil in the filter box, no real improvements. Went back to stock. If it's good enough for the Subaru WRC team, it's good enough for me. :D Kevin[/quote] Wow, me and the old man agree for once. AMAZING. Are you sure the WRC team uses OEM filters? I heard they used Green filters, but I'm not sure. Either way, my logic is that any filter that is less restrictive is usually sacraficing filtering ability.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Geez, I'm leaving my filter alone on this car. I hated cleaning and oiling the K+N, plus it didn't do a damned thing for power- I'd rather spend a few bucks on a new air filter than oil that thing every year.

Archived