LegacyGT.com

Southeast Region Get-together

SBT

Just saying hi to the Southeast brethren and sistren. Just moved to SoCar after 27 years in SoCal. Will be looking to get a SE region get-together next Spring. Posting here to see if there's any interest. If yes, then your thoughts on:

1. Where (location) - Centrally located or elsewhere?
  2. Venue(s) in addition to #1 location and #3 duration
  3. Duration - if folks are driving to meet, should it be for a weekend-type event?
  4. Venue - likely answered by #1-3
  5. Cost - if any?

Open to any ideas so post 'em up.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it seems most of us are in ATL, but that may be my bias talking. :p

not that my cars all that interesting.. if you've seen 1 SWP stock LGT you've seen em all.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

subscribed. I'm pretty interested in trying to get some kind of a SE region meet going, but I'm a little biased as to where we have it (The Dragon would be nice) :lol:

I've thought a fun weekend of camping and slaying the Dragon would be cool. But that's a fair-piece for some in the region.

Keep the ideas coming everyone - I'll bet there's something "regional" that would fit the bill. And we have a few months to plan before the Spring sets in so now's a good time to reconnoiter and plan...

well if I can get my mother off my car title. and I can afford some better sways.. I may be game for that...

course you know the last time I looked at one of these meets I lost my job. This could be a black crow for me. :lol::(

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

The Dragon is patrolled by cops very heavily, the best day to go out there is usually on a week day, I live just over an hour from there, the Blue Ridge Parkway might be fun for a drive but you have to go on a weekend that there wont be a crapload of sight see'rs. the parkway runs right through Asheville, not sure if anyone is interested in meeting up this far though

Pushing the circumference out to capture Memphis, TN to the west, the Northeast Corner of North Carolina and the tip of Florida, and excluding Puerto Rico, it looks like Hazelhurst, GA is approximately the "geographic" center of our region. Of course, that doesn't take into account the population demographics. But I'll bet there's some back roads in Georgia that would be fun to pummel.

Getting there would be easy, freeway wise...

727037988_SERegion.thumb.jpg.7a50f697151a4548e1f3457dc476c3f2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
The Dragon is patrolled by cops very heavily, the best day to go out there is usually on a week day, I live just over an hour from there, the Blue Ridge Parkway might be fun for a drive but you have to go on a weekend that there wont be a crapload of sight see'rs. the parkway runs right through Asheville, not sure if anyone is interested in meeting up this far though

I may be making the drive up to the Dragon and Cherohala once I have my car back on the road, sadly I wouldn't be able to go there on a weekday.

Archived