LegacyGT.com

Hail damage saga continues

my repair quote finally came back for my hail damage. insurance 'evaluators' found $2,800 of damage, but once the body shop got down to it, the estimate jumped to $6,100!!! :eek:

every body panel needs to be either pdr'ed or pulled and painted (except for the hatch). the roof is what worries me most; i want the shop to pull all the dents and than even out the surface and paint it. they are afraid that the insurer will have them either replace the roof :mad: (by cutting it out and welding a new one on :eek: ), or just have them fill the dents and paint over the fill :mad: .

i am anxiously awaiting the insurer's response, and hopefully those cheap bastards will pay out and shut up!

the only positive thing is that the state of georgia has a loss of value law and requires the insurer to compensate for market value drop. i just need to have an independent estimator check out the bill - wonder what my loss of value will be since they average from 10-20% of car value (in case of more serious body work). the insurance company has already sent me a check for $201 for my loss of value ... bunch of sluts - my deductible is $250!!! i will put that check up their ass, as soon as i see one of those white explorers with blue letters on the side!!! :)

since i already put 10k miles on the car in 2 months, i am not too worried of the car losing value; i will probably have to retire it in 3 yrs with 150k :eek:

but still, any body work is a BITCH... and i am hoping that this body shop, which is a part of a toyota dealership, and is certified in BMWs, will perform quality repairs. will know in about 2 weeks :(

for now, i am driving a camry rental ... had an impala, but the brakes gave up after 1k miles ;) .

Guest *Jedimaster*
Oh man- don't have them fill the roof and paint it- it'll never be right! I can't imagine that you'd have much more time into the job to just use PDR instead of cutting out and welding in a new roof! :eek:

Stick to it - you'll get what you deserve. I have to say though that I've had nothing but good dealings with the "white vehicle w/ blue writing" insurance co. I've totaled two cars and both times received more than a fair payout in return -- more than I would have sold them for.

I had a paintless dent removal process done on my wifes mini van. They removed over 400 small hail dents from the hood and roof. When he was done and I put a coat of Zaino on it, you could not tell the difference from before and after.

Stick to it - you'll get what you deserve. I have to say though that I've had nothing but good dealings with the "white vehicle w/ blue writing" insurance co.

If you mean Progressive...I agree.

They've been GREAT with me and paid me MORE than what damage

has cost on any car.

Personally, I'd get every panel fixed except the roof.

Just pocket the money for what the roof would cost to fix.

Unless you are leasing, of course, then you need to get the

whole car fixed.

Archived