LegacyGT.com

Where can I get JDM bumpers

3Badhabbits

If you look at the white and blue exterior pics on that page, they do show a blank plate similar to ours in size.

The last I remember, I think Paul was going to set someone up with bumper skin, beam, and hardware for around $1k shipped. I think the deal fell through 'cause Subaru was behind it getting the parts.

If there was a group buy of sorts, we might save on shipping.

I'm all for it, but I still would like to know if we can squeeze the B-spec bumper skin over our beam by shaving the foam down. I'd prefer to keep everything DOT approved, just in case.

The JDM bumper itself costs a few hundreds more than the USDM one, plus shipping, installation and probably painting, expect to spend $1500+. If you are still interested, talk to Paul or do a search here.

This Space For Rent

If you look at the white and blue exterior pics on that page, they do show a blank plate similar to ours in size.

The last I remember, I think Paul was going to set someone up with bumper skin, beam, and hardware for around $1k shipped. I think the deal fell through 'cause Subaru was behind it getting the parts.

If there was a group buy of sorts, we might save on shipping.

I'm all for it, but I still would like to know if we can squeeze the B-spec bumper skin over our beam by shaving the foam down. I'd prefer to keep everything DOT approved, just in case.

I figure if its going to get smashed its going to get smashed....just get another one

The JDM bumper itself costs a few hundreds more than the USDM one, plus shipping, installation and probably painting, expect to spend $1500+. If you are still interested, talk to Paul or do a search here.

I was thinking that the OEM parts were already painted. I need to use the search tool...

JDM OEM comes pre-painted. Before shipping costs is roughly $550USD for the front bumper skin, and another $220 for the bumper beam, brackets, and foam insert.

Rear bumper skin is the same price, but rear bumper beam is some $50, and other parts are about another $50.

Shipping is going to be the main cost besides those.

We've got a dealer that'll actually deliver on time now, so reasonably confident with getting it in week or two after order.

Cheers,

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com

http://www.sevenphotos.com

I just picked up my front and rear b spec bumpers from jdmpartstx this past weekend, and the bumpers were in as mint condition i suppose used bumpers could be. no physical damage, just a couple small paint chips. It doesn't matter to me though because I planned on having them repainted. All that matter is that the skin have no physical damage...As Paul and others have said...its the shipping that is the most expensive. I got mine freighted by boat, and it took about 6 weeks.

I've asked about group buys before from Paul (glad to hear he finally got a timely dealer), and to be honest...I don't think it would happen only because of the sheer size of these bumpers+containers. Could you imagine one of us holding like 5-10 coffin sized card board boxes in our apt/houses? And then of course taking each of these 'coffins' to the local fedex/ups for shipping to different locations. Hopefully it is someone with a wagon/pickup

Anyhow, I am going to be test fitting them this week, painting the next, and then once I have it figured out, I'll be posting my results. Anyone else already do this yet?? I'd love some advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh I will do it...There is no doubt in my mind. Thw dealer that I work at is very close with SOA. Waiting for the right time to get my car from my rep. The might be a minor few changes in the 06. I just sold my 00 RS...letting the money build...HAHA

But I WILL have bumpers, rims, and suspention before the car arives.

Does Cusco make coilovers for this thing yet???

Oh I will do it...There is no doubt in my mind. Thw dealer that I work at is very close with SOA. Waiting for the right time to get my car from my rep. The might be a minor few changes in the 06. I just sold my 00 RS...letting the money build...HAHA

But I WILL have bumpers, rims, and suspention before the car arives.

Does Cusco make coilovers for this thing yet???

I believe Cusco does make coilovers for the new Legacy, but I hope your wallet is prepared.

Archived