LegacyGT.com

Tell me what to expect!!!!! New GT Limited Wagon to be delivered this week!

Hey All,

I ordered a 2005 Legacy GT Limited Wagon with short shift, STI pedals, etc. and it is supposed to be delivered this week. I cannot wait! I have read every review I can find and been browsing forums, but can anyone give me some tips or advice on my new car?? This is my first brand new car.....and I am moving UP from a 1991 Nissan Maxima!:D So, I know it will be different, but never having driven an AWD car daily, I have no idea what to really expect. Tell me what ya think!!

I can't tell you to expect OUT of your car (since I don't have one), but I can tell you that people recommend you inspect every tiny detail of your car when it arrives. Any little scratch and whatnot you find from the factory needs to be addressed.
-ben

Make sure you check PS fluid level, many folks have found it to be low, and PDI seems lacking at many Subaru dealers. My tires were a few psi low as well.

Nothing beats seeing all set to go and ready for you! Keeping it under 4K is easy, there's certainly plenty of power in the mid-range to keep you happy.

-B

I'll tell you what to expect......a good time!!! I went from drinving a '99 Cougar to a '99 Saturn SL and although the Cougar only had 170hp it handled pretty damn well. On that note, it didn't compare to the LGT. I'm finally having fun driving again, my only problem is all of the other cars in my way. I'm still learning the clutch, it's different than any manual I've ever driven, but this is definitely the best car I have ever owned. There are things I'd change (e.g. ability to replace stereo, rear windshield wiper, tinted windows from factory), but without spending another $10K I don't think I'd be happier with any other car.

Enjoy!

Expect the tires to be crappy and expect the ABS to kick in during hard stops.. start saving up money to replace them with Potenza GD09 tires instead at the least.

Keefe

on your break in i would not be to concerned about the tires. now after u brake it in and posssibly drive it harder then u may see the need for new tires. and i find keeping it below 4k is the hardest damn thing in the world but dont kill yourself if u go over it. the car will be fine. but yes check every little detail. check all the paint for chips or scratches or anything

same with the interior. dont be in to big of a hurry to bring it home or should i say leave the dealership

Every 1 in 3 Americans has ADD. ADD affects all age groups. The Legacy GT helps cure ADD.

Dosage: 50 miles twice a day BEFORE MEALS

Disclaimer: Drivers can piss themselves. Passengers can become dizzy, vomit or damage the OH-SHIT handles.

P.S. ADD = Adrenanline Deficiency Disorder

I keed I keeed

Check it out thoroughly when you go to pick it up. Plan for an hour to do this... and look for the little nitnoids that may be there. If you find them afterwards (i.e., away from the dealership) well, you took delivery of the car and they may or may not fix it.

Take a good tire gauge along with you to check out the tire pressures yourself. If the tires are cold, set them 1-2 lbs above the recommended pressures. Check all of your fluids, including the coolant, windshield washer, power steering, engine oil, transmission and front differential. Shouldn't have to check the rear differential... just do that on your next Saturday morning check.

I recommend doing the brake "bedding" process. (more info here...http://stoptech.com/whitepapers/bedincontents.htm) Spent about 30 mins doing this before I ever took the car on the highway. Brakes have been flawless since new.

When you get hyour first opportunity, wash it with a good car soap to clean off all of the reside that's left over from the PDI. I've seen several new LGTs with the protective film adhesive still on the roof lines, pillars and on the LGT Wagon spoiler.

Check your tire pressures weekly along with your fluid levels (mentioned above) and note whether the car wags, steers left or right or whether the steering wheel is off-center when driving. If these conditions are present, you probably need an alignment and this should be complimentary from the dealer.

Load up the CD changer with your favorite tunes (unfortunately CD only format as MPR doesn't play in the LGT) and take long drives. Enjoy the sound system because it takes a lot of effort to make any improvement on the existing hed unit, spearkers and subwoofer/amp.

Do your level best to keep it under 4000 rpms during the the break-in... yeah... good luck with that!!!

Take pictures and post them up in the specific color, member gallery thread.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Guest *Jedimaster*
You will look like this after driving it......

http://idlemindsradio.com/buckwheat.jpg

But you will not walk around saying "Otay" :lol:

Archived