LegacyGT.com

HANABi LED BP Wagon Tail Lights Installed!

SnowBound BP5

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had my hand about 12 inches away. I held the bulb in my hand by the base. but, I wore an old skool dish cleaning rubber glove. The kind that go up to your elbows. My mom used to have them at the sink to wash dishes. I found them at WalMart. That kept the paint off my hands. I suppose you could hold the bulb (by the base) with some BBQ tongs or something like that too. Too hard to wrap the base with bailing wire and hang it. If you need some help shoot me a PM. I'm in O'side, work in Irvine (office, but I'm on the road a lot so I'm all over LA/Ventura/Riverside/San Bernardino). I can meet up and give you a hand, no problems.

-Mike

Thanks for the kind gesture, but I wouldn't dare risking tagging your hand with some silver paint! (unless you want to be Tin Man in The Wizard of Oz) :lol: That dishwashing rubber glove thing is a great idea. My mom wears them all the time too...why didn't I think of that!

I'm just wondering how to properly let the bulbs sit to air dry after I've sprayed them. I guess I can do the top side first then flip over and do the bottom side.

Ah it's too windy these days anyway! :spin:

when I cleared my Bugeye lights on my WRX I used Phillips Silver Vision bulbs. They are coated silver and flash orange...looked great.

Here is the WY21W which cross references to the 7440

http://www.aftermarketbulbsshop.com/Philips-SilverVision-WY21W-p/phi-sv-wy.htm

I'm sure there are cheaper vendors, but this was the first hit on Googles

I'm just wondering how to properly let the bulbs sit to air dry after I've sprayed them. I guess I can do the top side first then flip over and do the bottom side.

I grabbed a piece of foam (from some packaging) that was laying around the garage. Poked a hole in the foam the size of the bulb base. Stuck the bulbs upright in the foam to dry. I prob could have painted the bulbs in the foam "holder", but I realized after the fact that I needed a better way to dry them. Thats when I realized the bailing wire (from my bike grips) was too difficult to work with (I was already frustrated enough). Try the foam trick for everything, who cares if the foam gets painted (just be careful to put some newspaper on the floor under the foam for over spray).

NO Way you actually took out some tools and did something on your own :eek:

:lol: looking nice!

Hey I too can get a few simple things done myself! ;) Haha I know, most of the time I'm just too paranoid or don't trust myself enough to go through with it. :redface:

http://twistedsifter.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/guinness-brilliant.jpg

But I think I just threw away all my packaging foam a month ago when I was doing a major clean up around the house. I'll have to dig up a piece in the dumpster or somewhere haha!

I grabbed a piece of foam (from some packaging) that was laying around the garage. Poked a hole in the foam the size of the bulb base. Stuck the bulbs upright in the foam to dry. I prob could have painted the bulbs in the foam "holder", but I realized after the fact that I needed a better way to dry them. Thats when I realized the bailing wire (from my bike grips) was too difficult to work with (I was already frustrated enough). Try the foam trick for everything, who cares if the foam gets painted (just be careful to put some newspaper on the floor under the foam for over spray).

Wow thanks for the info! :) I didn't know Bugeye's front corners take 7440 too.

I knew about Philips Silver Vision but had thought they're only available in Japan. Around $20 definitely isn't bad...cheaper than how much they'd cost in Japan. I'll do a little more search.

P.S. Just looked up Google and it seems like all the vendors who carry this bulb are based in the UK. :( I guess Philips never intended for their Silver Vision line to be sold in the US?

when I cleared my Bugeye lights on my WRX I used Phillips Silver Vision bulbs. They are coated silver and flash orange...looked great.

Here is the WY21W which cross references to the 7440

http://www.aftermarketbulbsshop.com/Philips-SilverVision-WY21W-p/phi-sv-wy.htm

I'm sure there are cheaper vendors, but this was the first hit on Googles

Be warned. After two years of use, half the LED are burnt out on the right and a quarter are burnt out on the left of my Hanabi taillights.

I also know a few other local Legacy owners with the Hanabi lights and they are getting burnt LEDs too although most are not as severe as mine.

Be warned. After two years of use, half the LED are burnt out on the right and a quarter are burnt out on the left of my Hanabi taillights.

I also know a few other local Legacy owners with the Hanabi lights and they are getting burnt LEDs too although most are not as severe as mine.

That sounds terrible and thanks for the heads up. Hopefully that was an issue related to early production models that has since been taken care of. (fingers crossed)

• 3 weeks later...
I feel kinda dumb asking this, as I am on my third Outback, but I'm gonna ask anyways. I have an 05 Outback XT.. Will the Legacy Wagon lights fit on the XT? Looks like they will, but I don't want to dump $500 for lights that aren't going to fit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

We have 2 sets of fully functional demo to clean out.

Type D: Dark Smoked/Black Chrome Valenti Japan SB1101-A4W-1 : 1set

( nearly perfect, very minor scratch) $300 shipped

Type R: Light Smoked/Red Chrome Valenti Japan SB1101-R4W-R: 1set

(not perfect Die cutting at inner side. Pls see picture)

$200 shipped

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/6732/009jqr.jpg

PM for detail

Sincerely,

Panson

I don't know about the Hanabi's but you can get the Valenti's from TWP Trade.

Cheers!

Archived