LegacyGT.com

Grimlin's '09 SpecB

grimlin

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How's your car running Ed? You get everything finished with the tune?

I spent the first half of the week in the hospital and still waiting on my exhaust..then scheduling

I may just wait until I get a clutch so we don't run into issues with that.

man...driving a car at 4-8 psi that you know is well capable of 25 psi is torture :mad:

You should have awdtuning to the tune for you. I think they go to houston fairly often. Keith is awesome! He is very popular with the Subaru community here in dfw.

I havent heard enough to convince me he's good. yeah Ive heard some good things but ive heard far too many bad things as well. PDX is solid and has a long history as well as my own experience so I trust them more. nothing personal.

useless signature line where i cant mention my sponsors

"First Bagged BL5!"

What bad have you heard? You talk to anyone here, they all have incredible things to say about him....including me! His prices are more than reasonable, he gets good results and his customer service is over the top. The thing that has me going to him is to see that if things pop up while he's tuning and it takes him twice as long for the tune, he doesn't try to over charge for that.

I mean, to each his own. If you're happy with PDX then that's great, but you might consider him. My understanding of PDX (and I could be wrong here) is that when they tune, they lock it and if you try to have them unlock the tune so someone else can work on the car, they sit there and give you a long lecture about how you're going to blow up your engine and it's going to cost you a lot of money to repair. I've heard this from multiple people (so you might be able to correct me here). Plus I heard they're wicked expensive...Is this true?

All in all, if you're happy with results, then great. I realize everyone says their tuner is the best, so me saying AWDtuning is the best, might not mean much...but I will say that in working at a Subaru dealership and seeing a lot of modded cars come through, I haven't seen any of Keith's cars come in with problems....where I have seen others. So this, coupled with my own experience is why I push him to all my customers who buy a Subaru and want to modify it. Also, just to point out, Grimlin's Spec B (the op) has had all of her installs and tuning done by Keith and you can see the results of his work here.

Sorry, if I sound like a broken record here, but I will definitely own up to being an AWDtuning fanboy.:D

For those who don't know my STOCK oil pump failed on me in August at 11 months old and 17,000 miles.

As far as the new set-up, we are trying to get the STi intake manifold to fit, but we are having to do some creative things with it right now. We worked on assembling the motor last night from midnight to 8am (assembly is taking a bit longer on this because of the STi "conversion")

Archived