LegacyGT.com

Autocross in Anderson SC Sept 27

mightyS

I just got back from the autocross. This was my worst one since my first autocross. I went off course 3 of my 4 runs. The car is now a stage 2.5 with 22mm front and rear sway bars and 235/40/17 summer tires. I went off course on my first run in the first sharp turn when I shifted to 2nd just before the turn. The car bolted forward and didn't turn. Later I learned to shift after that turn. It has more than enough power and I didn't adjust for it. On the back sweeper whice I've done several times, I went wide off course into the grass. All 4 tires were in the dirt! I've never done that before. I just hit the gas hard, but it didn't turn. The car had been oversteering at this section but for some reason, the front tires didn't get traction for a second.

My 1 time that counted was a 69 second. That was ok since the Miatas with wide tires were getting 63 seconds.

man, thats a long course haha. I averaged 38 seconds today, fastest time of the day was 30 seconds by a shifter kart. I took 3rd out of 28 in the novice group.

2 vids I put up:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlzY6hC0_Vc]YouTube - 38 967[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufmDrLc1NVs]YouTube - 39 135[/ame]

I found I had a better time at 67 seconds, but I missed a little cone at the end so I was off course. The course has us loop through twice and there was a small cone to go around at the end. Many people missed it. I thought it was in a bad place and it was hard to see.

The Charleston course looks like it was easier to follow and many more cones were used. The only thing I didn't like was all the light poles and trees. Our course didn't have any light poles and the trees were far from the track.

Actually i didnt notice the other stuff while i was running. They were well away from where the cars would actually drive/travel. It was nice to have them as a cone marshall for the guys that missed the brake point and came towards you though haha

It would have been nice if they had looped it but i think with the number of cars they couldnt. They were actually sending the second car when the previous car was about half way around.

Archived