LegacyGT.com

STi parts on '00 LGT Wagon

DerekNitroRC

what parts are swappable between a 00 LGT and pretty much any year STi?

Mainly I'm looking for:

1. STi short shifter

2. STi seats

I have a 2006 STi catback going on my car Saturday and started thinking what else I could pick up cheap from takeoffs of an STi or even a WRX.

Eventually I will probably do a STi motor/trans swap...but that is still a bit down the road.

Also last question, is there a hood for the 2000 LGT wagons that has a scoop?the only one I have been able to find is on eBay but it is carbon fiber and I really don't want to mess with that. Is the hood swappable with other years or an Impreza with a scoop? Thanks for the help!

and yes to your question about the hood, any Baja hood will fit seeing as how the baja had such a short production life which spanded the same years as the 3rd gen legacy, if you look alil harder on ebay, you can find an actually JDM B4 hood which is a lightwieght aluminum. I've seen them selling for under $300 but its all timing and pateince with things like that.

that is good to know about the sway bars

the hood I don't need right now, my entire car needs a new paint job and I don't have the money to do that right now but I will keep looking for the hood until it is time for me to paint it.

Wow, I didn't realize they had a Spec B for my car, I googled the JDM B4 and that thing is awesome! Basically the STi version of my car, haha. You have now got me started on a mission to try and track down some more B4 stuff, I want the front bumper, rear bumper, hood scoop, fog lights, and interior pieces now (like the door inserts are incredible!)...but I still want to get the STi seats (I love suede!).

that is good to know about the sway bars

the hood I don't need right now, my entire car needs a new paint job and I don't have the money to do that right now but I will keep looking for the hood until it is time for me to paint it.

Wow, I didn't realize they had a Spec B for my car, I googled the JDM B4 and that thing is awesome! Basically the STi version of my car, haha. You have now got me started on a mission to try and track down some more B4 stuff, I want the front bumper, rear bumper, hood scoop, fog lights, and interior pieces now (like the door inserts are incredible!)...but I still want to get the STi seats (I love suede!).

They didn't make a Spec.B version of the BE/BH (2000-2004) Legacy anywhere. In Japan they had the base model Legacy, the B4 sedan, the GT-B, the Blitzen, and the S401. All of which had they're own unique differences. Over here it we only had the L and GT models.

STi seats will bolt in directly to your car, but you will sit ~2 inches higher and you will need to swap over the buckles.

The short shifter from a 6-speed will not fit your stock 5-speed tranny. There is however the STi 5-speed short shifter you can get from the dealership which was an option on the WRX. FYI, your shifter assembly is exactly the same as the 02-07 WRX.

Front STi struts will fit your car, but the rears are a completely different design. I would completely agree if you'd rather buy Legacy-specific parts. For my old sedan I bought Bilstein HD struts/shocks and put iON Performance springs on them. Needless to say, the car handled like a frickin' Porsche.

If you do end up getting a scooped hood, you can get one from your closest dealership. I would HIGHLY recommend not trying to ship a hood, sometimes the rates cost twice as much as the hood itself.

I had a 2004 Baja Turbo hood on my car and it completely transformed the front end of the car:

http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq180/kgod2000/subaru5-29001.jpg

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Thank you for your help, btw how much did the hood run you from the dealer if you do not mind me asking?

Also I put the STi muffler on my car this weekend, it is unbeliavble! I have vids of a before/during without catback/during with just mid pipe/and then video of the STi muffler on. Just need to find some software that can combine quicktime files so I can post it on youtube. It sounds amazing :D

edit: btw your car looks amazing, I love the sleek look to it!

Nice! The exhaust sounds pretty good and it looks like you put a lot of work into it.

The hood cost me around $400 total from the dealership. The hood alone is around $300 and the scoop is around $100 IIRC.

Thanks for the compliments on my car. Unfortunately, it was totaled in a nasty accident a little over a month ago.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived