LegacyGT.com

Wheel input, I'm cheap

eamiller

Thought I would put this question out to those who are more experienced in this area than I..

I've been looking at wheels for the Legacy, as I miss my Blizzak WS-50s and (obviously) want to replace the crappy RE-92s for summer tires.. I would relegate the OEM wheels to winter duty.

Looking at TireRack, I've been looking at the ASA LW5s, or the Kosei K1 TSes. They both seem to be reasonably light wheels (with the LW5s having the advantage of being 7.5" wide). But, I don't want to buy a wheel that is going to bend or break when the wind blows.

I would love to get some SSRs, GramLights, or Superleggeras, but I've always had trouble justifying the insane cost vs. the perceived performance gain. The looks of the ASA and Koseis seem to be nice in kind of a neutral way. I would also like to do the occasional autocross event on them..

What does everyone think? Am I just being a cheap bastard, or are these going to be OK. I would rather put the money saved into tires..

Actually, I'd use the stockers for street duty, not that heavy and get some ASA KA3's for winter duty if I were in your position, I think it's a nice mean looking 17" wheel and they're $99 on tire rack, hard to beat.

ASA wheels are fine.. you can also get "tuner/ricer" wheels too.. but the rims you are looking into arent cheap... I posted a list of places for rims on another thread you can use for rim searching/browsing.. all are fairly decent places to buy a rim.

Keefe

Keefe

Archived