LegacyGT.com

performance parts for 98' legacy 2.2L????

tedsan126

All gauges require the some of the same wires. Some gauges require other wires for special things.

For example, all gauges will require a Ground, a Positive, an Accessory, and an Illumination wire. If you want, you can wire the Illumination wire to the Positive wire so that the guage will be illuminated anytime the car is turned on. You can just wire the accessory wire to the radio accessory wire, which should be colored red, but you should double check on that.

All those gauges require those wires. Here are the specifics for each gauge...

Air Fuel gauge: Positive, Ground, Accessory (Sometimes), Illumination (Sometimes), and a wire that goes to the O2 sensor. Some Air/Fuel gauges don't need the accessory or the illumination wires. This is beacuse some models automaticly shut off when they no longer sense a signal from the O2 sensor. Some also do not require the illumination wire, since they usually employ multiple LED lights to display information anyway, so you can still read them at night.

Battery Gauge: Positive, Ground, Accessory, and Illumination.

Tach: Positive, Ground, Accessory, Illumination, and a wire that goes to the ignition coil.

well i finally got my headers on and i attached the msd coil with a bracket I made. I put in the new plugs, new wires and it runs pretty well. the car sounds a lot better and i do notice that it is more powerful. What are your thoughts on forced induction eg. turbocharging for this car, it's a route i am considering taking

• 1 year later...

I did the MSD "upgrade" and my mileage tanked. An improvment in mileage was the main benefit I was after. I am so pissed! I wish I never did it. Biggest waste of money. The car was running fine before, and after the "upgrade" I really couldn't tell any difference. Any difference was psychological. (after spending the loot for the coil pack, wires and the aluminum plate)

Here is my car.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/msd-coil-into-subaru-step-step-photos-152338.html?t=152338&highlight=msd

RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know where i can find performance parts for my legacy 98' and what things that I can do to make it quicker. Quicker around corners at least.. Sway bars! I finally put some Ralliteks on, and those who say "best bang for the buck" are 100% accurate. I was skeptical about the boasting of improvments in handling. After installing them, those are facts, not boasts or bogus claims. Best thing I did for my car by far. This thing is a blast to drive. Highly recommended.
RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

Archived