LegacyGT.com

New LGT owner and lovin' it!

Just posted my new member intro on the new member thread. Bought a LGT limited on Saturday 3/12 and so far I LOVE IT!! Cross shopped the TSX and Mazda6 after months of research, including spending time lurking on this forum. Thanks for all your great info about the LGT! It was really helpful.

Anyway, I test drove the LGT twice (both manual) TSX twice (one manual, one AT) and the Mazda 6 (manual). What really clinched it for me were a couple things: 1) Driving all three cars over the same stretch of crappy I-5 pavement S. of Seattle (I live in the Seattle area), I realized the LGT rode the smoothest and was the quietest overall, which was high priority for me, and IMO the steering and handling was as good as the TSX and Mazda6. 2) the midrange torque of the LGT was completely and utterly unmatched by the engines of the TSX (and an AT on the TSX really sucked the fun out for me) and M6. Even at lower RPM and with about 1/3 throttle, the midrange torque of the LGT could really be felt. The TSX had decent power, but not much below about 4K and the M6's V-6 really needed to be wound to feel any pull.

Just filled up last night for the 1st time, managed 24.2 MPG on my first tank. Kinda pleasantly surprised, since it's a brand new motor and I've been doing a lot of slow acceleration and deceleration to get a good break in. Keeping it below 4k, though I didn't know how difficult that would be! Looking forward to 1k miles so I can really experience the pull of this motor.

More info:

LGT limited, 5 sp manual (not a big fan of AT's myself, takes the fun out of driving IMO, though I understand other's needs/wants are different than my own)

Garnet Red Pearl/Charcoal int. - I didn't really like the red on another LGT I've seen around my work, but sunlight really brings out the metal flake, so I decided I liked it after all, plus mine didn't have the spoiler, which I don't really care for and 'spoilerless' LGT's seemed kinda hard to find. So I pulled the trigger on this one and am really happy so far

Accessories: Armrest extender (like it), compass/auto dimming mirror/security upgrade, subwoofer/amp (I like this as well, unless you're a competition audio guy, the sound system in the LGT with sub sounds pretty good overall)

Purchased in Bellevue, WA from a dealer with a good rep around here. Paid invoice for the LGT and all accessories, got the 2.9 financing as well.

Sorry this turned out to be so long!

Yeah, the more I look at it, the more I like it. It has quite a lot of metal flake in it, when the sun shines on it (which has happened quite a lot around here this winter) it looks really sharp. And I though I was too old for red...

• 1 month later...
In the past couple of weeks I've been able to see an entire new side to my car's color. Something about the spring lighting really makes the red "pop" and the metal flake shimmer. I'm so glad I picked this color :D

Of course, now that I'm dying to polish and wax it, the weather won't cooperate, so I'm stuck lookin' at a dirty red LGT. Did get to wash it, but the forecast isn't looking good for long enough to go outside and polish and wax.

Add one more GRP to the list, just picked up my LGT Wagon Ltd 5EAT about 2 hours ago.

Liberty Subaru in NJ was the most plesent buying experience I've ever had, I almost felt short changed because I didn't get asked for all the crap at the signing table ;)

Add one more GRP to the list, just picked up my LGT Wagon Ltd 5EAT about 2 hours ago.

Liberty Subaru in NJ was the most plesent buying experience I've ever had, I almost felt short changed because I didn't get asked for all the crap at the signing table ;)

who was your salesman?

I have driven both, but the TSX was an auto(non of the dealers had manuals) so i don't know how much of a difference a manual would be. a navi would also save me alot of time since i travel around a lot.

I think i'll wait until the 06 models come to the dealers to see if there's any new toys.

oh! and i also like the mini cooper s. seems like a cool car! lol but it's tiny..

Personally, I was pretty set on the TSX, then I drove the LGT. LGT rode a little smoother, had less road noise, and has strong midrange torque. The TSX wasn't a bad car at all and based on months of exhaustive research, seemed like the car that fit what I was looking for best: Practical and quiet fun to drive sporty sedan with good reliability and fuel economy and a manual transmission. The LGT IMO beat the TSX in all except fuel economy. I decided the smoother, quieter ride and more power was worth the MPG penalty. And the TSX with an AT seemed sterile to me, not fun at all.

My advice: Drive both on the same stretch of road, preferrable a crappy road. That'll give you a pretty good impression of what it will be like living with each car. Get what you like best, you're the one that has to live with the car.

Archived