LegacyGT.com

Thinking of selling the LGT

Yeah, I find it hard to believe that when I can a couple of adults in the back with no problems, a baby seat should be a non issue.

http://motoutah.web.aplus.net/images/subaru/P3160021.JPG

http://motoutah.web.aplus.net/images/subaru/P3160022.JPG

Mike,

I cannot even get into the passenger seat with the baby seat on board. I invite you to come over and look for yourself if you are still skeptical.

John

I can fit my daughter in her rear facing baby seat behind me when I drive without any problems. FWIW I'm 5'8". I can't do that in my Firehawk.

FYI. I am 6'2" and find it hard to get comfortable in the driver seat with it all of the way back!

John

Wife is three weeks from the due date and we've put the seat in the car and it's definetly a tight fit. I (5'11 190) can sit in the front seat but it wouldn't be comfortable for a two + hour drive. My 2000 Passat has a lot more room in the back seat with the baby seat. I've thought about putting it in the middle but I believe Subaru does NOT consider that an acceptable place to put the seat using the LATCH system or any other method. We have Graco seat and I'm not familiar with any other ones.

Please take no offense to this but there is NO WAY I would give up the power, handling, looks, etc of our Legacy GT, or a car, for a gas sucking, wallowing truck. I understand their appeal (I grew up on a farm for God's sake) but have no desire for one other than when I need to move something really big - the unignorable physics of a really tall vehicle drive me crazy

I am also considering selling my '05 LGT Limited Sedan Silver/Black, 5MT Factory options include Wheel lock set, popular equipment group 1(auto dimming rearview,security sys. perimeter alarm), and subwoofer/amplifier. It has about 17500 miles as of this post, current mods include STI pink springs,catless up-pipe, kartboy shortshifter and bushing, and tinted windows. Any interest?????? Sorry for the Hi-jack, but I didn't want to open up another topic with the same content....

450Thumper -

Drive a 4Runner Sport 4wd v8 -- you'll like it. The "sport" option gives you fulltime AWD (instead of standard 4wd on the SR5 and Limited models) and the x-reas suspension, plus a locking center diff and low range for when/if you really need it. The v8 hauls and the 5spd auto is great.

The 10 speaker JBL audio w/ center channel is amazing for a stock stereo. The sport also means dark charcoal interior not found on the other trim levels, or you can opt for port-installed leather.

I am also considering selling my '05 LGT Sedan Silver/Black, 5MT Factory options include Wheel lock set, popular equipment group 1(auto dimming rearview,security sys. perimeter alarm), and subwoofer/amplifier. It has about 17500 miles as of this post, current mods include STI pink springs,catless up-pipe, kartboy shortshifter and bushing, and tinted windows. Any interest?????? Sorry for the Hi-jack, but I didn't want to open up another topic with the same content....

Why are you selling it?

I keed I keeed

Have you considered an 05 Forester XT with 5MT. The dealer could probably give you a good deal. You could likely exchange the AP for a new one. Not sure if any of the Stage 2 hardware would be salvageable, though.

I have a baby seat and a booster seat in the back. The tether bolts are located on the roof so no storage room is lost. My wife and kids fit in the car with no problem. We frequently drive up to Maine for weekend skiing.

How big are your toys? The FXT can tow up to 2,400 lbs.

We've used a rear facing safety seat in a 98 gt sedan and a 2003 gt wagon and currently have a forward facing seat in the 2005 gt wagon. Sedan we used the passenger side, no LATCH. 2003 was also in passenger side seat until we could go forward facing. Then in that car and the current we use LATCH in the center position. The fit is excellent though I have read the link about LATCH safety provided in this thread.

Recommendations:

1) go down to Toys R Us and try every seat. We had to do that the first time around to find a seat that would fit both cars (wanted bases installed in both that could accept the same carrier/seat).

2) Dont use LATCH. If you have trouble mounting the seat, check out a mighty-tite mounting system.

You only have to get thru a year to 18 months till you can go forward facing which makes it much easier to find a seat that will fit.

Of course, if you're looking for a reason to get rid of the car...

Regards,

BigRob.

Seems like this is always an issue in every car I had to put our rear facing seat in. LS400, Navigator, & PT Cruiser all cause a pinch for the seat in front. LATCH or not, I prefer to have the seat in the middle in case of a side impact, and especially for rear facing position, the belt goes just as tight as LATCH. For all the money you'd lose by selling/trading so new of a car in to get something different, you could make a solid start on a college fund.

So not to hijack the thread.....

i'm anxious on getting rid of the 03 Honda Pilot with 20K miles and 4yr/46K full warranty and 10/100K powertrain. Sage color with gray interior, running boards, rubber mats and 6 cd changer.

Clean inside and out, like you wont believe and never used for towing or hauling (well once we loaded up 2 suitcases to drop someone at the airport). 2nd row and 3rd row were rarely used.

There was one TSB from Honda to install a nozzle for the tranny and that has been done and there was another for the SRS upgrade which was done as well.

Only minor issue is driver side leather is saggy but thats a known issue caused by lack of enough cushion. My dealer said to leave it with them for a day and they will address it under warranty and order new covers and get better cushioning so it doesnt happen again.

I'm waiting for the passenger side to get saggy and will get both replaced together.

The 2nd and 3rd row do not have any leather issue.

So if any of you are interested, PM me.

I went and drove a few different cars and unfortunately nothing compares to the LGT. The Toyota Tacoma and Tundra felt like tin cans, the US cars get poor gas mileage.

I will probably just kep this car for now.

John

I'd definitely second the recommendations on getting a new car seat and/or trying the center position.

We have a new infant car seat (Graco) in the center position, and my wife and I (5'8 and 6'0) don't have a bit of trouble with legroom in the front. It is very secure with either the center lap belt or the latch positions from the two sides. We can push the front seats back a couple of notches from our current positions without hitting the car seat.

Despite the fact that the latch hookups do not officially support the center position, I really believe that the center is still the safest position if there is only one child in the back seat.

Archived