LegacyGT.com

Thinking of selling the LGT

I have an '05 Legacy GT wagon Limited that is fully loaded. I was just wondering if anybody new what the LGT might sell for since there are no NADA numbers. My local dealer is selling fully loaded used GTs for over $28,000. I am in the SLC, UT area. The car needs to go because of a recent increase in the size of my family. (A new baby daughter!!)

I am also debating selling the stage II package I have on the car separately. This consists of the Cobb AP, Perrin up-pipe, Invidia cate-less down-pipe, high-flow cat, 3' resonator, Dr. Gas y-connector, and Otto mufflers.

Any thoughts?

John

By the way, does Shaggy GT still come around?

That would be too bad - I'm sure you'd miss the car. Wouldn't a wagon be plenty roomy for your family?

If not, how do (did) you like the stage II package, or did you not have a chance to install it?

Carmax offered me 24k for my GT Limited wagon. The sticker was 32k, of course I started negotiating at invoice. It has 7k miles, and I purchased it in June. That really doesn't sound like a good price, but in Indiana you only pay sales tax on the difference. So that makes up between what I could sell the car to a private party for.

I'm with you on size, the car feels much smaller than the 99 Outback I traded for it.

Yeah, my sticker was $32K as well. The car is small and I cannot get my baby's car seat and my wife in the car at the same time. We have been driving her car only and my car has turned into a commuter to work car. The dealer told me that there is a large emand for used LGT by the consumer. I was just wondering what a good asking price would be since there are no numbers in KBB and NADA.

As far as the Stage 2 package, I have been running it for a while and the power is incredible!!

John

Your LGT wagon is too small to fit a baby seat and your wife at the same time? Who are you married to? Godzilla? If 2 car seats will fit in the back of a '94 Mustang Cobra and a wife up front, I don't see how you can't fit 1 car seat and a wife in a LGT wagon.

You're in SLC - did you mean wives plural? Then I'd understand.

OK JK. I wish I had this kind of problem.

I think maybe looking for a better car seat for the lil' one would make a little more sense. Certainly more cost-effective.

I think the issue is that the infant seat faces the rear, taking more room than a forward facing seat. It must be in this position for at least 1 year AND the baby weighs 20 lbs (I think that is the correct weight).

Are you putting it in the center or on one side? With the LATCH, I would suspect it is on the side. If so, you may want to try the middle (no LATCH but you should be able to get the seat secure nonetheless).

Keep in mind the baby only needs the rear-facing seat till she's 20 lbs. So that means you would sacrifice for 10 months or so till you could switch over to a forward facing seat.

And I know where you're coming from. As a new father myself I was amazed at how much room those rear-facing seats need. Oh yeah, congrats on the baby.

Brian

The car needs to go because of a recent increase in the size of my family. (A new baby daughter!!)

Any thoughts?

Congrats on the birth of your child...but I take it it was by accident...as otherwise you wouldn"t be selling the car !

Fully loaded as in leather, auto, large sunroof, momo all around, etc. It was the showroom floor car. I'll post you some pics of the exhaust.

Actually, my wife is 5'3" and weighs under 130 lbs. For the car seat and base to fit, the seat needs to be moved all of the way forward. Her knees are slammed into the dash board at that point.

As far as the car I would like... possibly a 2005 Toyota Tacoma quad cab.

Could you possibly find a smaller car seat? Cheaper than a new car! I can fit my wife and three of our four children (one in a booster seat, others past the car seat stage) in my wagon, or take all four kids if my wife is elsewhere. Are you sure you can't fit one wife and one baby in there?

Just searched the Autotrader for you.

There are two or three Legacy GT Limited Wagon's with automatics

with around 5-8K miles listed at $27,995

One or two listed at $26,995

and a couple non limiteds in the $25K range.

These are, of course, without your mods.

I'd try advertising it for $27K (depending on your mileage and condition) and see

what happens.

good luck.

Are you sure a Tacoma is big enough? What type of car does your wife drive?

2005 Tacoma double cab:

From Legroom (in.) 41.70

Rear Legroom (in.) 32.60

2005 2.5 GT Limited Wagon

From Legroom (in.) 44.10

Rear Legroom (in.) 33.90

Legroom isn't the best judge when it comes to car seats I know, should be knee room.

Only the three of you? I would go the new car seat route.

I can fit my 2 older kids, a car seat for my 8 month old and my wife in my sedan with no issues. Went on a 2.5 hour trip to Cape Cod and everyone was more than happy. I'm 6'2", the wife 5'8" and the kids are 90% percentile 8 and 5 year olds.

The new car seats have a very narrow base. We place the seat in the middle position using the Latch mounts on either side of the hump. The kids on the outsides clip to their respective buckeles and we are off. Wouldn't want to do this on a continual basis as the kids get older but no problems now.

My wife's car that she uses on a daily basis is a Passat wagon. Similar in size to the Leg wagon. Within the next 6 months we will be buying a new Odyssey minivan (any feedback on this choice?). With 3 kids it is a must. If I had scheduled my appt., we could have kept the wagon for the long-term ;-) With your 1, can't see the need to give up the looks, power and performance of the modded Leg.

Why do you say there is no LATCH for the middle position ?

Top anchor is present.

Krzyss

You're right, there is a top anchor. However, there are no lower anchors (the 'LA' of 'LATCH') for the middle position. For infant seats, most do not use the top anchor (I believe Britax might be the only one) anyway.

I have heard of people using the right anchor of the left seat and the left anchor of the right seat for the center anchors but from what I understand, this is discouraged as it goes against the design.

See http://www.car-safety.org/latch.html

p.s. John - congrats on the baby. What about the new Ridgeline? I stopped at the Honda dealership today to take a look. Pretty impressive. The looks are growing on me.

Actually, my wife is 5'3" and weighs under 130 lbs. For the car seat and base to fit, the seat needs to be moved all of the way forward. Her knees are slammed into the dash board at that point.

As far as the car I would like... possibly a 2005 Toyota Tacoma quad cab.

I have to agree with what everyone else is saying, I have 2 kids, now 6 and 2 and have never had a carseat problem. We had a Volvo V40 when the first one was born and then a WRX Wagon, I actually had a 6 footer in the passengers seat on a 4 hour trip to Tahoe with my then 9 month old in a rear facing seat behind, front seat about half way back.

Dave.

Archived